Situated in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Grootkolk is the perfect retreat for special occasions, or simply just to get away from it all.
Grootkolk Wilderness Camp - Kgalagadi Park is tucked away in the dunes, overlooking a waterhole, 20 km from Unions End where the three countries South Africa, Botswana and Namibia meet.
It is a wilderness camp nestled amidst red sand dunes with only the stars and silence for company.
Grootkolk is 6 hours drive from Twee Rivieren and 2 hours from Nossob.
Chidren under 12 years are not allowed at these camps: Kieliekrankie, Urikaruus, Gharagab, Bitterpan, Grootkolk.
NB: This camp is NOT fenced and Tourism Assistant is on duty at all times.
Visitors to Grootkolk should please note the following:
Accommodation at Grootkolk Wilderness Camp - Kgalagadi Park:
There are 4 x 2 bed chalets with bedroom, ceiling fan, bathroom and kitchen on veranda. (One unit is accessible for visitors with mobility impairment)
Each chalet is equipped with cutlery, crockery, linen, fridge and braai. Communal kitchen and barbecue areas available.
The chalets are made from sand bags and canvas
There is GAS for hot water and cooking and SOLAR for lighting
No foreign currencies will be accepted in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (KTP) on the South African side, only ZAR (South African Rand) will be accepted within the KTP.
Kindly note that the roads in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park are not sedan friendly, although the roads are maintained on a monthly basis, sedan vehicles find it difficult to cope with the conditions. Vehicles which will be using any of the 4x4 routes in the park must note that the recommended ground clearance should be 190mm, to make the drive more enjoyable.
Tourists wanting to exit the park other than the point of entry must kindly note that all immigration controls must be done at Twee Rivieren / Two Rivers, and that a 2 night stay in the park is compulsory.
No children under the age of 12 is allowed at any of the parks.
1. Accommodation rates do not include Conservation Fees which are payable at the entrance gates.
2. Please ensure that you are familiar with the Rules & Regulations of National Parks before making a booking.
Desert Cabin (SC2): 2 single beds, Communal kitchen and braai area, Gas fridge / freezer, Hotplate, No additional persons allowed, No children under 12 allowed, No smoking, Provide own drinking water and firewood, Sink, Utensils, WC and shower.
- No cancellation fee will be incurred for cancellations made after payment of first deposit up to and including 46 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fees equal to 50% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of cancellation made between 45 days and 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total reservation cost is payable in a case of a cancellation made between 29 days prior to and date of arrival
- 100% of the total cost for any non-arrival/no-shows
Reservation made within 45 days prior to arrival is payable within 24 hours from the day reservation is made.
- Conservation levy is always excluded from the booking amount and needs to be settled on arrival.
It is your responsibility to check if the reservation is correct. Should the reservation be incorrect, please contact our office immediately.
If the arrival date of the itinerary is postponed prior to or on date of arrival and then cancelled at a later stage, the fees that applied at the time of amendment will be enforced if the amount is greater than the new cancellation fees.
Cancelling or downgrading of a reservation 45 days prior to or on arrival will result in cancellation fees according to a sliding scale (based on the total reservation cost) which varies between 50% and 100%.
Should the reservation not be taken up on the arrival date the accommodation will be held until 09:00 the following day after which the reservation will be cancelled and the deposit, where applicable, forfeited.