Welcome to Grande Roche, celebrated international hotel, famous for its exquisite location in the heart of the beautiful Cape Winelands as well as for its luxurious, cosmopolitan accommodation, award-winning cuisine and matchless service and hospitality.
Grande Roche is situated in the scenic town of Paarl in the heart of the Cape Winelands and is just 40 minutes away from Cape Town International Airport.
From the time one enters the elegant front door until one`s reluctant departure, the impression is one of unhurried good taste.
The Grande Roche Health Centre is the perfect place for indulgent pampering! The peaceful setting and beautiful surroundings ensure that you are able to relax, de-stress and experience a transcendent feeling of well-being. The Health Care Centre offers guests gym and massage facilities as well as an outdoor heated swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
The old T-shaped manor house, dating back to 1707, accommodates the award-winning Bosman`s Restaurant where a reservation is a promise of a treat in store.
Executive Chef, Roland Gorgosilich, and his team demonstrate their art each evening. Imaginative combinations of flavours and textures of quality ingredients are perfectly prepared and presented to make up a culinary experience of the highest order.
The well-stocked cellar with its rare wines and vintage champagnes is a delight to guests, who are assisted in their choice by the Head Sommelier and his team who also conduct private wine tastings.
The stylish Bistro Allegro that adjoins the patio and pool area offers relaxed and informal Bistro-style dining.
Accommodation at Grande Roche:
The immaculately restored Cape Dutch homestead at Grande Roche dates back to the 18th century, and offers guests a variety of sumptuous accommodation which include 29 luxury suites and 6 executive rooms.
Each of our luxurious suites & rooms have been lavishly designed and decorated for the comfort and pampering of guests. We ensure that everyone who visits Grande Roche leaves with special memories of this unique estate escape - the treasure of the Cape Winelands.
Facilities in the rooms:
- 24-hour room service
- Laundry service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
- Lush gowns, slippers and umbrellas
- Electronic in-room safe
- Luxury bathroom amenities
- Flowers, wine and mineral water on arrival
- Satellite television
- Fully stocked mini bar with snack selection
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Individual heating & cooling air-conditioning
- Under-floor heating
- Art gallery and gift boutique
- Ballroom and amphitheatre with view of Paarl Mountain
- Bicycles to explore Paarl for hire
- Child friendly pool
- Fitness Centre with massage room
- Heated swimming pool 10 months of the year
- Historical chapel for intimate weddings, christenings and private dining
- Private wine tasting with Sommelier
- Two floodlit tennis courts
- Cape Town International Airport (40 Minutes)
- Helicopter Tour (helipad onsite)
- Horse Riding (10 Minutes)
- Hot Air Ballooning (10 Minutes)
- Paarl Golf Club (05 Minutes)
- Pearl Valley Golf Club (10 Minutes)
- Quad biking (10 Minutes)
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront (40 Minutes)
- Wine Tasting (05 Minutes)
Driving from Cape Town on the N1 in the direction of Paarl, take the Paarl exit 55, turn left onto the R45 and continue for approximately 3 km.
Turn left at the Grande Roche sign into Plantasie Street to the entrance of the Grande Roche Hotel.
From the Airport follow the N2 to Somerset West and after a few km take the R300 off-ramp on your left.
Follow until you find the Paarl signs at the intersection of the N1 and follow as above.