Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort
is a spectacular Drakensberg resort situated in the Central Drakensberg approximately four hours from Johannesburg and two and a half hours from Durban in the magnificent Champagne Valley. Welcome to the highest degree of service in central berg accommodation. Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort
9 hole, 18 tee golf course is certainly one of the most scenic with views of the magnificent Champagne Valley – including Monks Cowl itself, which is between the towering Champagne Castle and Cathkin Mountains and took on its name because it resembles a cleric’s attire from every tee. This view is unique among all Drakensberg resorts that form part of the Central Berg Accommodation.
Accommodation at Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort:
We have 33 superior hotel rooms either mountain or dam facing with 2 double beds, air conditioning, DSTV, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar fridge and private patio. 1 executive suite with a king size bed with double shower, Jacuzzi bath, air conditioning, DSTV, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar fridge and private patio.
Also available are our 8 newly built self-catering units, fully equipped with a master bedroom en suite, second bedroom with twin beds and adjacent bathroom and 2 sleeper couches in the lounge, with DSTV, fireplace for those chilly winter nights and private patio with braai facilities.
Golf at Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort
Our new 18 hole adventure golf is a must for the whole family as well as new our magnificent rock swimming pool complete with waterfall and slide, kiddies play area with adventure jungle gym, swings and trampolines. The resort also has 2 tennis courts, badminton, volleyball, swing ball, fishing, mountain bike trails through the resort and connecting with mount splendour, darts, board games, pool table and much more. Guests can also enjoy a refreshing drink at the Rock Pool Bar whilst the little ones have fun around the pool. One can relax and rejuvenate at our on-site spa which host numerous treatments for your indulgence or just relax in the open air Jacuzzi.
After a round of golf, guests can enjoy a substantial a la carte and pub menu at the Friar Tuck Pub and Restaurant which is open from 07H00 to late. Also look out for our weekly specials especially our famous Wednesday ox-tail special. After dinner, the bar crowd arrives to trade stories of the day’s play and for those that enjoy a hearty Sunday lunch – a buffet style feast is offered.
Awesome adventure activities in the area are yours to enjoy from Tree-Top Canopy tours to White Water Tubing, hiking, the magnificent birds of prey centre, Drakensberg Boys Choir and so much more.
Conferencing at Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort
If you are looking for that unique conference venue for your medium to small conferencing needs Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort
can accommodate up to 60 delegates in our Maid Marion Conference Room or for those smaller groups one can meet in our business lounge for those informal strategy sessions. We can arrange a variety of team building activities at the resort or within close driving distance and not forgetting golf days at the resort for the corporate client.
- Tea / Coffee / Pastries mid morning.
- Lunch Served in our Restaurant/Pool Terrace
- Tea / Coffee / Biscuits served mid afternoon.
- Standard Equipment
Flip Chart, Pens & Screen.
- PA System, Lectern, White Board.
- Dry Wipe Pens, Extension Leads.
- Notepads & Pencils.
Look no further than Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort for that special day for your wedding venue where you can exchange your vows alongside our spectacular dam and then celebrate in style. We have a special wedding gift waiting for you – a night’s free accommodation for the bride and groom, a romantic rose petal turn down and two night’s free accommodation to welcome you back on your first wedding anniversary.
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Airport Shuttle Service
- Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Limited Room Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Wedding facilities
- Team Building
- Self-Braai / Barbecue
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Cots available
- Curio Shop
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Xhosa / Zulu
- Games Room
- Mini Golf
- Hiking / Walking Trails
- Horse Riding
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
- Tennis Court
- DVD and/or VCR
Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort Activities:
We offer resident guests free use of our swimming pool and tennis courts, plus restaurant and pub facilities in a casual, homely environment.
The golf course has a couple of dams and a river with a small waterfall plus swing bridge for those a little more adventurous! For those golfers still at “caddy” status a pleasant walk around the course may be enjoyed. Alternatively motorised golf cars are available. The best walks and hiking trails in the foothills of the Drakensberg are only a ten-minute drive from here.
Facilities within a 15 kilometer radius include horse riding, paintball, trout fishing, river rafting, quad biking and bowling greens as well as a bird of prey display center and the world renowned Drakensburg Boys Choir.
- Enjoy a leisurely and scenic drive – or horse-ride – through Spioenkop Dam and Nature reserve and view a variety of game, including rhino and giraffe.
- Look back at a bygone era and take a trip to the well-known Spioenkop Battlefields. Take a self-guided trail and view the graves, monuments and trenches or book a guide.
- Visit the Eskom Hydro Electric Scheme at Jagersrust in the Northern Berg. Bookings to be made in advance.
- Monks Cowl Parks Board offers a range of hikes varying in length and difficulty through our beautiful mountains. Take a guided hike from Cathedral with visits to Bushman painting sites. Guides are available on a first come first serve basis and dependent on guides being available. Advance bookings can be made.
- Take a scenic drive up Mike’s Pass at Cathedral Peak. Weather permitting of course.
- Well worth a visit, the small Winterton Museum situated in Church Street. You will find fascinating displays of fauna & flora of the Berg, as well as exhibits on the history of the area, bushman paintings, etc.
- For more info regarding horse riding in the area, please visit the reception.
- There are several SPAS offering treatments to pamper you while you are here.
Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort Map:
Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We really enjoyed our stay.
Rating: Reviewed by craig monk over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort:
Accommodation options within 8km from Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort include:
Guest Rating: (61 reviews)
Didima Resort, with a unique blend of ancient cultural heritage and modern luxury, evokes the atmosphere of Bushman culture within the awesome mountain setting of Cathedral Peak
per unit, Max: 2
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Welcome to Ama Casa Self-catering Cottages. We would like to introduce you to our special part of the world. Our cottages are situated in the Champagne Valley area of the Central Drakensberg Mountains with spectacular panoramic views