Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort is a spectacular Drakensberg resort situated in the Central Drakensberg approximately four hours from Johannesburg and two and a half hours from Durban in the magnificent Champagne Valley. Welcome to the highest degree of service in central berg accommodation.
The Resort 9 hole, 18 tee golf course is certainly one of the most scenic with views of the magnificent Champagne Valley including Monks Cowl itself, which is between the towering Champagne Castle and Cathkin Mountains and took on its name because it resembles a clerics attire from every tee. This view is unique among all Drakensberg resorts that form part of the Central Berg Accommodation.
If you are looking for that unique conference venue for your medium to small conferencing needs , we can accommodate up to 60 delegates in our Maid Marion Conference Room or for those smaller groups one can meet in our business lounge for those informal strategy sessions. We can arrange a variety of team building activities at the resort or within close driving distance and not forgetting golf days at the resort for the corporate client.
- Tea / Coffee / Pastries mid morning.
- Lunch Served in our Restaurant/Pool Terrace
- Tea / Coffee / Biscuits served mid afternoon.
- Standard Equipment
Flip Chart, Pens & Screen.
- PA System, Lectern, White Board.
- Dry Wipe Pens, Extension Leads.
- Notepads & Pencils.
Look no further than Gooderson Monks Cowl Golf Resort for that special day for your wedding venue where you can exchange your vows alongside our spectacular dam and then celebrate in style. We have a special wedding gift waiting for you a nights free accommodation for the bride and groom, a romantic rose petal turn down and two nights free accommodation to welcome you back on your first wedding anniversary.
We offer resident guests free use of our swimming pool and tennis courts, plus restaurant and pub facilities in a casual, homely environment.
The golf course has a couple of dams and a river with a small waterfall plus swing bridge for those a little more adventurous! For those golfers still at caddy status a pleasant walk around the course may be enjoyed. Alternatively motorised golf cars are available. The best walks and hiking trails in the foothills of the Drakensberg are only a ten-minute drive from here.
Facilities within a 15 kilometer radius include horse riding, paintball, trout fishing, river rafting, quad biking and bowling greens as well as a bird of prey display center and the world renowned Drakensburg Boys Choir.
- Enjoy a leisurely and scenic drive or horse-ride through Spioenkop Dam and Nature reserve and view a variety of game, including rhino and giraffe.
- Look back at a bygone era and take a trip to the well-known Spioenkop Battlefields. Take a self-guided trail and view the graves, monuments and trenches or book a guide.
- Visit the Eskom Hydro Electric Scheme at Jagersrust in the Northern Berg. Bookings to be made in advance.
- Monks Cowl Parks Board offers a range of hikes varying in length and difficulty through our beautiful mountains. Take a guided hike from Cathedral with visits to Bushman painting sites. Guides are available on a first come first serve basis and dependent on guides being available. Advance bookings can be made.
- Take a scenic drive up Mikes Pass at Cathedral Peak. Weather permitting of course.
- Well worth a visit, the small Winterton Museum situated in Church Street. You will find fascinating displays of fauna & flora of the Berg, as well as exhibits on the history of the area, bushman paintings, etc.
- For more info regarding horse riding in the area, please visit the reception.
- There are several SPAS offering treatments to pamper you while you are here.