At the foot of the legendary Ghost Mountain lies the privately owned 4 Star Ghost Mountain Inn
- a perfect setting to experience the allure of Africa in stylish comfort.
This intimate and beautiful hotel is in the heart of South Africa`s Zulu Kingdom and is the ideal location from which to explore the array of game and coastal reserves in Maputaland and the Elephant Coast.
Nature enthusiasts will appreciate the abundance of wildlife and scenic splendours during game drives, cultural excursions, guided walks and boat cruises in the company of knowledgeable rangers of Ghost Mountain Safaris. Tiger Fishing is arranged on Lake Jozini while birders can enjoy one of Southern Africa’s top birding destinations with over 450 species
Back at the hotel, the spa offers a range of skin and body treatments and a gym and tennis court for the more actively-inclined. Those who prefer the relaxing sound of birdsong and the warmth of the African sun will find their respite at the poolside within the glorious gardens of Ghost Mountain Inn.
Unwind in your comfortable en suite bedroom complete with television, tea and coffee making facilities, minibar, and air conditioning or take in the golden African sunset from your very own garden patio.
300km north of Durban, 400km south of Kruger Park and with easy access to Swaziland and Mozambique, the Ghost Mountain Inn offers the ideal base, with great comfort and renowned personal service, to explore this rich and diverse region.
Ghost Mountain Inn accommodation:
74 Guest rooms include the following:
1 Tshaneni Suite
- With secluded privacy, spaciousness and great views the Tshaneni Suite offers residential-style comfort during your stay in Mkuze. The Suite offers a living area with kitchenette and guest bathroom and a spacious bedroom with dressing room that leads out onto a large terrace. The bathroom offers indoor and outside showers and a standalone tub.
1 Gaza Suite
- Our most spacious Suite, the Gaza Suite offers spacious accommodation for guests needing more residential style accommodation. The Suite offers a living area with kitchenette and guest bathroom and a spacious bedroom with dressing room that leads out onto a large terrace in the garden. The bathroom offers indoor and outside showers and a standalone tub.
1 Junior Suite
- Located on the upper level the Junior Suite offers views across the gardens towards the Lebombo Mountains and additional space. Enjoy an open plan lounge area, a small kitchenette as a work area with complimentary WiFi. For families, a third person or children can be accommodated on the fold out sofa or an inter-leading room can be reserved to form a 2-bedroomed suite.
1 Obonjeni Suite
- A spacious and private Suite featuring a separate living room, bedroom and changing room. The bedroom has an extra length king-size bed. Large bathroom has a stand-alone tub and an outdoor shower set in a secluded garden. 21 Mountain View Rooms
- Enjoy great views of the gardens, water and Lebombo Mountains from these newly built spacious rooms. Featuring both extra length King and three-quarter beds with a day bed that can accommodate a third person if necessary. The spacious bathroom offers a deep soaking tub and separate shower. 8 Garden Rooms
– Generously sized Superior rooms with a sofa and lounge area. Remodelled bathrooms and a separate toilet area and shower. Patios overlooking the indigenous garden or the pool. King or ¾ Twin Beds. 1 Wheelchair friendly room available
19 Superior Rooms
- Upgraded linens and amenities, patios overlooking a stretch of water and the Lebombo mountain range. Bathrooms have separate shower and bath. DSTV Satellite Television. King or ¾ Twin Beds
22 Standard Rooms
– The original rooms of the hotel provide comfortable en-suite accommodation with private patios that face either parts of the garden or pool area. Twin or Double Beds.
It features a large bedroom with an extra length king size bed and a comfortable down duvet, large retractable doors, private garden with an outside shower and the living area with a separate guest bathroom.
Carefully selected fabrics, furnishings and linen, bathrooms have separate bath and shower, desks are large to allow more workspace and twin beds. Standard rooms:
Private patios that face either parts of the garden or pool area, bathrooms with combined shower and bath and also larger family rooms with sofa beds for children.
Ghost Mountain Inn Activities:
Our aim is to help you enjoy your whole time with us and, hopefully, bring you back to our beautiful and diverse area. Our safaris cover three main areas:
• Game Safaris
• Cultural and Scenic Safaris
• Exploring Safaris
Click to display the map
Ghost Mountain Inn Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 5
reviews. - View all Guest Reviews
A beautiful place. Lovely comfortable rooms. The gardens were fabulous. My husband and son went on the cultural tour with Bheki? which they enjoyed very much. The weather was quite wet when we stayed and my youngest son enjoyed all the frogs that came out to play! If there is a criticism I would say there wasn't much info in the rooms about the Inn ; we found the Spa and gym by accident and would have used both a bit more had we been aware of them. Enjoyed talking to the lovely Francis at dinner and breakfast.
Rating: Reviewed by Sean Marven over a year ago
It was a pleasant surprise to arrive in a cosy and welcoming foyer on a miserably wet Saturday night. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the scrumptious breakfast in the morning! We were however woken a little too early from slumber as newly arrived guests trundled their wheeled suitcases noisily down the tiled corridor! Other than that our stay was short but sweet :) Thanks.
Rating: Reviewed by Nicole Aitkenhead over a year ago
Good, but over rated.
Rating: Reviewed by Warnder R. Goeree over a year ago
Rating: Reviewed by Igor Mašín over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Ghost Mountain Inn:
Accommodation options within 8km from Ghost Mountain Inn include:
Mavela Game Lodge offers luxury, traditional, safari style tents with en suite facilities. There is the added attraction of a swimming pool and sundeck for sunny days. An open boma welcomes guests to a fireside evening under the stars.
Our new family run Lodge since 2019, Buffalo Hill Safari Lodge, is situated in the 23000 ha Manyoni Private Game Reserve. For the bird lovers, the reserve has over 400 species of birds.
per person sharing