- This premier three-star hotel in Umhlanga offers both business and leisure travellers the ultimate in Durban accommodation, as it is conveniently attached to The Gateway Theatre of Shopping. Guests enjoy a distinctive experience as they explore the local culture through visiting entertainment and dining hotspots. Choose between the 146 well-appointed bedrooms at aha Gateway Hotel, where Wi-Fi and a laptop safe zones are included.
If you are looking for conference venues in Umhlanga, the aha Gateway Hotel offers five fully-equipped conference or event venues, that accommodate up to 500 delegates.
We offer hospitality close to Kings Park Stadium, Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Go Wild Park, Absa Park Rugby Stadium, Umhlanga’s beaches, uShaka Marine World, The Durban Botanic Gardens, and the Valley of a Thousand Hills.
Fig Tree Cafe - Continental Cuisine:
Run by Chef Kjell Ogle, the Fig Tree Café offers a variety of dishes that range from light meals to hearty meals. Be sure to check out our new and improved menu for all our succulent dishes.
The hotel has 5 well-appointed conference venues, all equipped with the latest technology.
Accommodation at Gateway Hotel:
Gateway Hotel’s 146 rooms comprise of 104 Standard Rooms - twin beds and shower, 2 Paraplegic Rooms - within Superior Room allocation, 12 Sets of Inter-leading rooms - within Superior Room allocation, 3 Junior Suites and 37 Superior Rooms - double bed, shower and bath, balcony (except 3) and minibar fridge.
- Air Conditioning
- Daily Housekeeping
- Television and DSTV
- Hair Dryer
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- Conference facilities
- Bar on the Premises
- Internet Access
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Gateway Hotel Activities:
With premier accommodation conveniently attached to The Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Umhlanga, both corporate and leisure travellers can easily access the following hotspots:
- 14 cinemas, 38 restaurants, 380 stores
- Virgin Active Gym and WavePark Gateway
- Beaches with dolphin and whale spotting
- King Shaka International Airport
- Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom
- iPlanet Golf, The Golfers Club, Durban Country Club Beachwood and much more
Click to display the map