Gariep Gardens Guest House is situated in the Gariep Dam holiday village and is approximately half way between Cape Town and Johannesburg and only a 5 minute drive from the N1 Highway.
Gariep Dam Village was voted tourist town of the year in 2010. Exciting and yet crime free.
It is the ideal place to break your journey and enjoy the most beautiful surroundings as well as the crisp clean air of the Great Karoo. Ideal for the weary travellers or those wanting to break away from the city rush. Take a minute to look up at the clear night skies and realize that this is truly a special place. Trillions of stars, see the milky way and hear the silence and enjoy.
Gariep Gardens is part of the SunRose Group of Guesthouses and is appropriately named due to its lush gardens, vines, fruit trees and stunning pool and lapas.
Gariep Gardens is made up of 3 very private, yet different units with each unit having its own parking bay and access to the fully enclosed pool and lapa area. Each unit has its own private Lapa and braai area and we certainly believe that Gariep Gardens has the best that Gariep Dam has to offer.
Comfort and style and privacy under lush gardens.
Enjoy superb Water sports, Yachting and Fishing or fly at South Africas number one Microlite and Gyro paradise, Gariep Dam, from the comfort of Gariep Gardens Self Catering Accommodation.
Gariep Dam holiday village is just thirty kilometres from Colesberg and is situated next to South Africa`s largest dam, in the heart of the country.
Important information regarding your stay at Gariep Gardens:
- There is no direct view of the dam from the lodges
- Although we will do our best to book you into the unit specified, unforeseen circumstances may result in allocation to a different unit
- All units are non smoking and pets are not allowed
- Day visitors: at an extra cost
- All guests have access and usage of the pool. Children under age 12 are not allowed in the pool area without adult supervision
Accommodation at Gariep Gardens Guest House:
Gariep Gardens is acknowledged as one of the premier self-catering establishment in the area with some guests giving the Cottage a 4 Star rating and other guests claiming its the best value for money guesthouse in South Africa.
All units have televisions with a Open View decoders.
There is a strict Non Smoking rule in all the units, however, smokers are encouraged to smoke outside. A No-pet policy applies to all Gariep Gardens units.
Rates are inclusive of electricity, linen and Towels. Due to the high quality of the White towels provided in the rooms, these towels are not to be used at the Swimming Pool area.
Gariep Gardens is divided into 3 separate independent units namely:
Rieder can accommodate 2 guests. It consists of a bedroom with a double bed. The bathroom is separate with a shower, basin and toilet. The lounge has a television. Reider unit also has a large separate kitchen and entertainment area that has a build-in braai with an inter-leading door to your private outside lapa and braai.
Ting Tinkie can accommodate 3 guests. It consists of 2 separate bedrooms. The main bedroom has a king size bed and an on-suite bathroom (shower, basin and toilet). The second bedroom has a single bed with a basin in the room. The lounge has a television that inter-leads to the kitchen. Inter-leading door to your very own private outside lapa and braai.
Blue Crane can accommodate 4 guests. It consists of 2 separate bedrooms . Each bedroom with two single beds and a separate bathroom (bath, basin and toilet). There is an open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge with a television. All rooms have air conditioners, fans and heaters.
Your very own private outside lapa and braai, close to your parking and next to the pool. Truly a home away from home!
This is a fully equipped self-catering, house on a large property with Fruit Trees. The unit can accommodate up to 8 Guests. This unit has 4 separate bedrooms and one bathroom with a separate toilet. The first 2 rooms consists of a double bed with ice white linen. The rest of the rooms has two single beds per room with ice white linen. The rest of the house includes a lovely kitchen and dining room area and a lounge with a television with Open View package and Aircon.
Fish Eagle has a private braai area and on-site parking. There is a fully enclosed communal pool available close by. Television with Open View package.
This is a self catering, Fully equipped Granny Flat with a double bed, ice white linen. The bathroom consist of a shower, basin and toilet.
Television with Open View. Access to pool, Braai, parking, air conditioned unit. Very basic, suitable for overnight accommodation and not long stays. Clean and Neat.
Rates are inclusive of electricity, linen, towels, toiletries and coffee/tee/sugar in each unit. All guests have access to the garden, swimming pool and secure undercover parking. Although many of our pictures reflect a view of the dam, there is no direct view of the dam from any of our Gariep Garden units.
The main bedroom has a King size bed and an on-suite bathroom. The second bedroom has a single bed. The large lounge has with T.V. that inter-leads to the kitchen. Inter-leading door to private outside lapa and braai.
You agree that by acceptance of a quote, you are liable for a 100% deposit.
We understand that plans sometimes change, however Gariep Gardens imposes the following policy regarding cancellations:
- Cancellations made on bookings not yet paid for, 48 hours or less before arrival date, would be subjected to full payment.
- Cancellations made on paid bookings, will result in Gariep Gardens issuing a voucher for the amount paid, valid for a period of three years.
- Regret NO refunds.
- A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid as a result of Hospitalization, Gariep Gardens will require a Medical certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3 year free stay voucher will be provided
- A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid as a result of DEATH, Gariep Gardens will require a DEATH certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3 year free stay voucher will be provided
- The Guest House complex closes at 21.00, late arrivals stand to lose their accommodation if no “late arrival” arrangements have been made with our on duty manager.
- Although management respects your rights to Privacy, due to the nature and situation of the Guest House, disturbances from persons or other guests could occur and that management has no control over that.
- Management has taken steps to provide reasonable security for its guests, Gariep Gardens management cannot be held responsible for theft or damage to Guests property.
- The management cannot be held responsible for the failure of electronic items such as Air Conditioners, TV’s.
We understand that plans sometimes change, however the SunRose Group of Guesthouses imposes the following policy regarding cancellations:
· Cancellations made on bookings not yet paid for, 48 hours or less before arrival date, would be subjected to full payment.
· Cancellations made on paid bookings, will result in the SunRose Group of Guesthouses issuing a voucher for the amount paid, valid for a period of three years.
· Regret NO refunds.
· A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid because of Hospitalization, the SunRose Group of Guesthouses will require a Medical certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3-year free stay voucher will be provided.
· A Refund due to cancellation of accommodation already paid because of DEATH, The SunRose Group of Guesthouses will require a DEATH certificate before a cash refund will be considered else a 3-year free stay voucher will be provided.
· The Guest House complex closes at 21.00, late arrivals stand to lose their accommodation if no “late arrival” arrangements have been made with Johan Lerm by phoning him on 0603518084.
Directions to Gariep Gardens travelling South on the N1 Highway.
Turnoff is past Springfontein and 44 km before Colesberg on left hand side, clearly marked “Gariep Dam”. Only 5 minutes to the Quest garage, take TING TINKIE street right and travel about 800 metres uphill to last row of houses before the steep hill. Take 5th street right into Berghaan Street, follow road to 18 Berghaan Street