Forest Edge Holiday Cottages Activities: On site:
- Delight in bird- and game-watching, it is a nature-lover's heaven
- Enjoy an in-cottage or Forest professional massage
- Relax while your kids explore Forest Edge and the Jungle Gym in safety
- Feed or brush our tame Pet Donkeys (Hansel and Gretel)
- Explore Forest Edge, exclusive Forest walks and Woodcutters Graves
- Mountain bike on and around the property
- Laze in a sheltered hammock or braai/picnic next to the pond
- Have sun downers on the veranda or star-gaze at the night sky
- Share a cozy log fire, watch a video or read or sleep or do nothing
Approximately 10 minutes walk/drive away:
- Bathe in a secluded rock pool in a crisp, clear Forest stream (or 30 min walk to magnificent Drupkelders' rock pools and waterfalls)
- Experience a unique, healing Forest massage in a Forest setting
- Swim or canoe at "The Drift"
- Explore the Bushpig Design Studio, Screenprinting Workshop and shop
- Get active on the Woodcutter hiking trail or Homtini cycle route
- Savour the most mouth watering buffet in the Cape, at Totties' Eatery
20 minutes' plus drive away:
- The spotless & safe Buffels' Bay Beach (& bypass peak season traffic)
- Forest Canopy tours, sea kayaking, rock climbing, abseiling, golf
- Knysna's sea food restaurants, waterfront, movie house, shops/curios
- The Outeniqua Power Van - great train outing from George Transport Museum
- Luxury Ferry boat rides to the Featherbed Private Nature Reserve
- Whale and Dolphin Ocean tours, or sea/lagoon fishing
- Fresh variety at Sedgefield's Farmer's Market (not to be missed)
- Picnic at Jubilee Creek, where gold used to be panned
- Millwood museum, tea garden and gold mining tours
- Outeniqua Hiking Trail or Professionally guided birding- / eco-trails
- Monkeyland Primate Sanctuary or Knysna Elephant Park for day trips
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
Winters: Knysna's best kept secret. Generally: Log-fire cold nights and mild T-shirt days. Little rain and no mosquitos.
Summers: Nights may still get chilly and days can get hot.
Other Accommodation near Forest Edge Holiday Cottages:
Accommodation options within 8km from Forest Edge Holiday Cottages include:
Teniqua Treetops is a unique, eco-friendly, self-catering, tented tree house resort hidden in the indigenous forest between Knysna and Sedgefield along the magical Garden Route of South Africa.
Fern Gully is 16kms outside Knysna in a rural, forested area on the way to the historical Millwood Goldmine and indigenous forest. The wooden cabins are set amongst the trees where one can unwind and commune with nature.
We are sited 7mins, by car, from the lagoon, on the Cape Town side, then a scenic drive around to Knysna central, craft shops/malls/waterfront/restaurants/events etc…positioned on top of deep forest valleys, a rejuvenating get-away.
Nieu-Wherry Meadow is a guest farm perfectly situated just outside the historic Knysna forest. We are walking distance to the trails and MTB routes and 22 km from Knysna, 20 km from Buffelsbay We offer self-catering accommodation.
per person sharing
We are the first vegan vegetarian Backpackers lodge in SA where nature rules. We have monkeys, gentle baboons and a myriad of curious creatures who come to visit. If you are nature lovers and are eco conscious you will love what we offer at Peace.