is a Luxury, 3 Bedroom Cottage (Max 6 Guests) overlooking the Da Gama Dam. We are 25 km away from Phabeni Kruger Park Gate.
Fire Thorn Cottage
is a newly decorated 3 bedroom cottage with an additional outside room with it’s own bathroom (Max 8 Guests). It is in front of Sycamore and it is ideal to book both houses for bigger groups.
This tranquil and peaceful setting is the ideal location for anything from a romantic getaway to spending quality time with Family and Friends.
Listen to the sound of Fish Eagles crying; enjoy the sight of Zebras and the stunning view of the Lake while relaxing on your Veranda in your own private Splash pool.
It is situated halfway between White River and Hazyview (20 Km) on the R40 and is ideally positioned to visit all the beautiful places on the Panorama Route as well as the Kruger Park (35km from the Phabeni Kruger Park Gate.)
Come to Fire Thorn Cottage (Sleep 8) and Sycamore Cottage (Sleep 6) to find peace and tranquility at these tastefully decorated 3 bedroom cottages. Fire Thorn has 3 bedroom plus an outside on suite bedroom (Max 8 Guests). Both cottages overlooks the Lake.
The main bedroom is en-suite with a bath and separate shower. The second bedroom is also en-suite. Both rooms have glass doors leading onto the patio giving the rooms a great view. The third smaller bedroom has two single beds. (It has to share a bathroom with one of the main bedrooms). Fire Thorn has an extra on suite outside room.
The cottages both have the following: an open fireplace in the lounge, DSTV, built-in braai and a private splash pool on the deck. The modern, well equipped kitchen has a large Fridge/Deep Freezer, a washing machine. Fire Thorn has 3 TV’s and there is also a dishwasher in the Kitchen.
Situated halfway between White River and Hazyview (20 Km) on the R40 you will find us, ideally positioned to visit all the beautiful places on the Panorama Route, The Kruger Park (35km) and Various well known Golf courses. Not to forget a quick stroll to the lake for bass fishing.
Main bedroom has a queen bed and an on suite bathroom with a Bath and a shower.
Second Bedroom has 2 single beds and an on suite bathroom with a shower.
The third bathroom has 2 single beds and need to share a bathroom with one of the other two rooms.
The kitchen has a stove,oven, washing machine and a large Fridge/Deep Freeze.has a fire place , TV with DSTV and a DVD player.
The open plan lounge
The Veranda has a private splash pool, comfortable outside furniture and a braai area.
Fire Thorn Cottage:
Main bedroom has a queen bed and an on suite bathroom with a Bath and a shower. It also has its own TV with DSTV.
Second Bedroom has 2 twin beds and an on suite bathroom with a shower. It also has its own TV with DSTV and a DVD player.
The third bathroom has 2 twin beds and need to share a bathroom with one of the other two rooms.
The outside room has 2 twin beds and its own bathroom with a shower.
The kitchen has a stove,oven, washing machine and a large Fridge/Deep Freeze. It also has a dishwasher.
The Lounge has a fire place , TV with DSTV.
The Veranda has a private splash pool, comfortable outside furniture and a braai area and a pool table.
Fire Thorn and Sycamore Cottage Activities:
- We highly recommend this place to all fishermen (novice as well as experienced), who would like to combine fishing with all the other activities in the Lowveld.
- There are numerous walks that have been signposted for those that love to walk and bird watch.
- You will have the right to all Hulala Lakeside Lodge (all part of the same large wildlife Reserve), facilities including its fleet of two-man canoes; peddle boats, rowing boats, bass boats (for hire) for the anglers, and the ever favourite "Sundowner Cruise."
- You can also enjoy meals or visit the well known “Rock Pub”.
- Well known golf courses in the area include: Nelspruit Golf course, White River country estate, Sabi Sun and Kruger Park Lodge.
- Motorised sport and angling at Klipkoppie dam is only 5 min away.
- The Kruger National Park is 20 min away.
- Bourke’s luck Potholes, Pilgrims Rest, Mac-Mac Falls and Sabie are all with in close driving distances.
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
We are in a Malaria free area.