The few minutes drive from Paternoster “Center” to Farr Out is not what you would exactly call far. But when you arrive in this sandy bushveld wilderness, you do feel pleasingly remote. Crunching up the glinting shell pathway you can see across an indigenous garden and right out to sea.
Catch the glimpse of the last manned lighthouse of South Africa situated in nearby Cape Columbine Nature Reserve or listen to the foghorn and cuddle up. Go on; be extravagant, enjoy your vacation! Four luxury rooms will make your stay comfortable and unforgettable in our guesthouse.
Your hosts speak English, German and Afrikaans.
Experience our unique Wigwam Rising Moon, or a tailor made Beach Buggy trip or a relaxing session in our special outdoor wood-fired Hot Tub.
Waking up in the morning with the sound of nature in a place of over whelming beauty. While still in your comfortable bed you can listen to the awakening of birds, earlier risers may catch some of the wildlife that comes by when it thinks no-one`s looking.
Go for an early stroll along the nearby beach with its spectacular views. At the end of a perfect day in paradise you can savour a sundowner cocktail on your own terrace in incredible surroundings.
- White Mussel is a north facing airy double bedroom (queen-size bed) at ground level of the East Wing with spectacular sea views which can be enjoyed from a private terrace.
- Black Mussel is an east facing spacious double bedroom (king-size bed) at ground level of the East Wing. Fynbos will amaze your eyes from a private patio.
- Oyster is a north facing overwhelming double bedroom (queen-size bed) at the top floor of the East Wing. Stunning sea views are inviting for a sundowner on the private patio.
- Perlemoen is an east facing fresh double bedroom (2 single beds) well-known for its stunning sunrises at the top level of the East Wing. Perfect for family/friends as annexure to Oyster Room.
- Wigwam Rising Moon is approx. 40 m away from the main house amongst Fynbos. Luxury tented accommodation equipped similar to the rooms.
All rooms have
- Own entrance (except Perlemoen)
- Ensuite bathroom with spacious shower
- Ceiling fan in White Mussel and Oyster, standing fan in Wigwam Rising Moon
- Bed linen
- Beach towels
- Mini bar-fridge (except Perlemoen)
- Coffee/tea facilities
- Braai equipment on request
- Alarm system
- Ample parking
- Private patio with wooden loungers (except Perlemoen)
- Non-smoking bedrooms
Farr Out Activities:
- Tailor made Beach Buggy rides
- Wood fired Hot Tub
- Bird watching - 225 bird species of this area
- Small Five - deer (Dyker or Steenbok), marten, tortoise, Francolin and rabbit.
- Flower Season - magnificent, colourful flower-carpet in spring.
- A visit a number of Restaurants.
- Souvenir Shopping
- Art work studios
Click to display the map
Farr Out Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
Rating: Reviewed by Claire Weerepas over a year ago
This is a truly beautiful place with exceptional hosts in Deon & Marion. The attentional to detail and pride in their establishment is very evident throughout the place. Certainly a place we will recommend & stay at in the future.
Rating: Reviewed by Manoj Bagwandeen over a year ago