Farhills Guest House is situated in the central Drakensberg on route to Champagne Sports Resort, neighbouring Valley bakery. It has always been a place where families gather and have spent many special memories. Warm holiday meals, a large lounge, a cosy fireplace room, a dining room opening onto a verandah looking onto the magnificent Cathkin Mountain. A large garden surrounds the house with plenty of space for cricket matches and fairy gardens. There is a wonderful picnic spot just 300m from the house along the river (a wonderful swimming spot too).
We are not held liable for load shedding. Please note that there is strictly NO SMOKING inside any of the Farhills establishments. A penalty fee of R5000 will be charged to cover dry cleaning.
Please note that pets are allowed by prior arrangement, however a cleaning fee of up to R8000 will be charged should there be a need for specialist cleaning. Pets are allowed at a charge of R100 per night per pet.
Please note the units will not be serviced on Sundays or Public holidays unless by prior arrangement. Extra mattresses can be requested at an extra charge of R500 per person.
- Valley Bakery is walking distance from the house, they serve breakfasts and lunches and tea time treats beyond mouth-watering!
- On special request owner can take you on the most stunning mountain bike ride over the tops of the mountains (Time approx. 3hours) or a child-friendly ride through the farm.
- Golf at Champagne Sports Resort resort is 3 km away, making it ideal for golfing weekends.
- The famous Drakensberg boys choir school is 7 min drive, their concerts are on Wednesday afternoons and they have music festivals through the year.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the deposit.
Directions Travelling from Durban, continue North along the N3 towards Johannesburg. About 30km after the Mooi River toll gate, take the Estcourt North (179) turn off. Continue LEFT towards Loskop and the Central Berg Resorts. Approximately another 27km turn LEFT again at the 4 way crossing (R600) towards the Central Berg Resports. 10km along this road turn RIGHT at the Farhills Guesthouse sign. It is the same entrance to Valley Bakery/ Plantkor. Travelling from JHB, continue South along the N3 towards Durban. After the Tugela Toll at the bottom of Van Reenens Pass, look out for the Bergville / Colenso turn off. Take this offramp and continue RIGHT back over the N3 towards Winterton. Once in Winterton, turn LEFT at the traffic light (R600) towards the Central Berg Resorts. Continue on this road until you reach the 4 way crossing. Continue through the 4 way crossing for about 10km and turn RIGHT at the Farhills Guesthouse sign. It is the same entrance to Valley Bakery / Plantkor.