Outjo is for most people a stopover on their way to the Etosha National Park, the Skeleton Coast, Damaraland or the Koakoveld.
- The town museum has displays of local history and a variety of animal horns, skins and bones, minerals and gemstones. The museum is also home to an interesting Craft Shop that teaches local woman the art of fabric painting and other skills.
- Gamkarab cave - 50 km North-East of Outjo. There are a few stalagmites and stalagtites and an underground lake.
- Ugab Vingerklip - 95 km West of Outjo is about 35 m high.
- Rock paintings - 95 km West of Outjo. Can be viewed at Omburo Ost, a neighbouring farm to the Rockfinger site.
- Etosha National Park - 94 km North of Outjo it is one of Southern Africa's finest and most important Game Reserves.
- Petrified forest - 140 km West of Outjo. The trees are about 250 million years old and were deposited in the area by the flood which came down from areas further north.
Etotongwe Lodge can be found next to the C38 northwest as you leave Outjo towards Okaukuejo, Khorixas and Kamanjab.
We can be seen from the road. Just follow our signs.