Escape to Our Happy Place on Umdloti Beach beautifully presents guests with the opportunity to enjoy coastal living at its best! As one guest described it, ‘I actually can’t imagine a better location in Durban.’ Visit and make this magnificent seaside vacation home your happy escape!
Situated on the fourth-floor of a secure and popular complex’s building, its positioning enables this home to consume guests with its awe-inspiring ocean views, while ensuring their privacy. Guests enter into an open concept living area which greets them with floor to ceiling picture windows offering uninterrupted views of the beach and ocean, and Durban’s skyline visible in the distance. Both the kitchen and lounge are housed in the airconditioned living space which leads onto an expansive, semi-covered balcony with a gas braai, and outdoor dining and patio furniture.
Guests are treated to glorious views of the coast and the luxury of enjoying their meals to the sounds of the waves breaking in the background. Enjoy the sun while you laze on the verandah, counting the many ships waiting to enter Durban harbour! A fully equipped kitchen offers guests all the conveniences of a well-established home including a dishwasher, coffee machine, washing machine, fridge and all necessary appliances. It opens into the lounge with a lovely bar counter and barstools.
A large, comfy leather lounge suite offers guests the opportunity to relax with views overlooking the twinkling blue, warm Indian ocean. The lounge has a flat screen, Smart television which is connected to a dedicated Fiber line so that guests can conveniently watch their personal DSTV package, and other preferred subscriptions with ease via Google Chromecast.
The Master Bedroom with Queen size bed has its own en suite Master Bathroom, with a bathtub. Both the second and third bedrooms boast gorgeous views of the coast, and share a bathroom with a single vanity and shower. The second bedroom has a Queen size bed and the third bedroom has a double/single bunk bed which accommodates three guests.
Situated in Umdloti, a hugely popular holiday destination, in the heart of KwaZulu Natal’s Dolphin Coast, this seaside unit is a hop skip and jump away from the local tidal pool, and a few minutes’ walk from a swimming beach and some rather impressive shops, bars and restaurants. All basic amenities like doctors, a pharmacy, and Spar are nearby. Please check Ocean View Holiday Escapes Guidebook for more information about the area.
A key point to note is that Umdloti’s tidal pool is naturally protected by rocks so it’s not affected by strong currents and large waves. This makes it ideal for little kids, elderly people, and novice swimmers to enjoy the ocean, and some fun in the sun.
Umdloti is a wonderful place that is not too crowded and the locals are super friendly & helpful. The beaches are clean and wonderful for long walks, and the views are magnificent. Be sure to explore the rock pools at low tide!
* Whale and Dolphin viewing
* Dolphin Coast Beaches (Surfing, Kite-boarding, Fishing, Snorkeling, etc.)
* Umdloti Tidal Pool
* Hawaan Forest
* Mount Moreland Conservancy’s Migratory Swallows (Seasonal)
* Umhlanga Lagoon Nature Reserve
* Horse Riding
* King Shaka International Airport (Microlight Flights and Skydiving)
* uShaka Marine World and Wet & Wild Water Park
* Restaurants (Bel Punto, La Casa Nostra, Mundo Vida, Sand Bar, Bush Tavern)
* Sibaya Kingdom (Casino, Restaurants, Mangwanani Spa, Theater)
* Durban Harbor Cruises
* Durban Promenade (Rickshaw Rides, Walks, Cycling, Restaurants)
* Moses Mabhida Stadium (Big Swing, Cycling, Stadium Tours, Restaurants, Arch Climb, Viewing Deck of Durban, Sky Car, People’s Park, Segway Gliding Tours)
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 999 days before arrival, forfeit 15% of the booking total.
Thanks for choosing to stay! Please ensure that you read and fully understand the house rules at the beginning of your stay. If anything is unclear, please contact your host who will explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
• Much effort has been put into making this property a lovely space for guests to enjoy. Please be respectful of the property as it is a holiday home and not a hotel. Please treat it with the same respect as you would your own home.
• Please ensure that you maintain a good level of cleanliness throughout your stay. Please throw garbage into the bins and ensure that food is not left lying around. Guests can throw excess rubbish into the green bins.
• This vacation home is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy fun on the beach :) Please wash off beach sand before entering the property.
• This is an eco-friendly home! Please make sure you switch off aircons, lights, fans or any other small electrical appliances when they are not in use/upon leaving the property.
• Please keep the balcony furniture, cushions and Gas braai undercover at night and/or when they’re not in use to protect from sun/rain damage.
• Monkeys frequent the area. Please keep the windows and doors closed to prevent the monkeys from entering the property when you aren’t around.
• Please open the bathroom windows when showering to let the humidity out.
• In the case of any accidental damage, the issue will be assessed internally to determine any deduction/repair costs.
• Kindly note that this is a non-smoking property.
• This property is not serviced. Cleaning services must be arranged prior to arrival and any associated costs will be borne by the Guest booking.
• Parties and Events are strictly prohibited (not allowed!) If guests are found to have had a party which results in extra cleaning, guests will be responsible for extra cleaning charges and in the unfortunate event of any disruptions alerting neighbours, GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
• We hope you have lots of laughter and fun times during your vacation! However, out of respect for the caretaker and residents, guests should be mindful of noise. Noise is not permitted before 9 am, and after 10pm (Sunday to Thursday) and 11pm (Friday and Saturday.) Guests who breach these times may be evicted and liable to a fine from the body corporate. Please see the properties Terms and Conditions.
• If guests are suspected of carrying and/or using illegal drugs of any kind, the authorities will be engaged, and GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
• Guests’ requests for early arrivals/delayed departures are fully dependent on availability. The property has a high occupancy rate therefore availability will be confirmed around 9:30pm on the evening prior to your date of arrival/on the morning of departure.
• Kindly ensure that all doors and windows are locked when you’re out/upon vacating the premises.
• Never leave children without any adult supervision at the property. Guests are fully responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times.
• Guests are responsible for ensuring that any visitors comply with these House Rules.
• Any additional overnight Visitors must be approved in advance, and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the properties rates. Have fun! This is your vacation time and we hope you make the most of our holiday home, its amenities and your opportunity to relax and visit the surrounding area.
Terms & Conditions:
• Check-in Time: 2pm and Check-Out Time: 10am
• Please note that we do not refund early departures and/or cancellations which fall outside of the cancellation policy.
• The property maintains a strict Cancellation Policy. Guests are expected to comply with the relevant terms and conditions.
• We reserve the right to evict for unruly behaviour and overcrowding without refunding.
• Extra cleaning fees may be charged as required.
• Any damage or loss of property will be deducted from Guest’s Key and Breakages Deposit, or may result in additional invoicing as required.
• Body corporate fines are payable within 24 hours of issue. Guests agree to payment of such fines irrespective of their reasoning for the fine being issued. Please note that fines can amount to more than R5000 and may result in Guests having to immediately vacate the premises.
• The owner and staff of the property will not be held liable for any damages, loss and injuries of guests.
• 50% Deposit is required to Confirm Reservation.
• 50% Outstanding Balance and Cleaning Fee (R750) is payable 2 weeks prior to Arrival Date.
• Refundable Keys and Breakages Deposit (in the amount of R3000) to be paid prior/on date of Guests Arrival.
• A 15% service fee is charged on all cancellations.
• Guests’ occupation of the property, in line with the period of their reservation, will be deemed as their agreement to abide by the property’s aforementioned House Rules, and their acceptance of the property’s aforementioned Terms of Conditions.
Children aged between 0 and 18 pay 100% of the sharing rate