Escape to a Tuscan Villa - Guests are greeted by an expansive, open concept living space boasting ocean views every which way you look! A central courtyard forms the heart of this magnificent home, with the kitchen, lounge, pub, cinema room, ground floor Master Bedroom Suite and patios all leading off from this space. It homes an eight seater dining table for intimate meals over candlelight, and provides another gorgeous seating area before opening onto a covered garden terrace with patio furniture to enjoy a quiet moment shaded from the sun.
The kitchen is an entertainer’s dream! Fitted with a six plate gas stove and electric oven, microwave, two fridges, coffee machine and all necessary appliances, it opens into the spacious living room over a cosy butcher-block bar counter. Glass stacking doors open the lounge onto a covered balcony with a dining table and benches to enjoy outdoor meals overlooking spellbinding views of Sheffield Beach’s Christmas Bay.
Back inside, a cinema room makes rainy day entertainment a dream. A guest half bathroom is conveniently situated next to space. The lower level also houses a ground floor Master Bedroom Suite with en suite Master Bathroom. Stairs leading down from the courtyard reveal a cosy pub, fully fitted with an illuminated dart board for those late night challenges, and a pool table where guests can showcase their skills whilst competing for the trophy of ‘Holiday Master!’
The pub opens onto a patio with a built-in, wood burning pizza oven. What’s a Tuscan-style villa without Italian cuisine on demand right?! A grand staircase leads to the second story of this statement home. A pyjama lounge at the head of the landing provides ample seating with books and games for a spot of family entertainment before bed. Glass doors open the space onto another covered verandah boasting breathtaking views of the North Coast’s warm Indian Ocean.
Three private bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, and a single room with bunk beds all lead from this space. The second floor Master Bedroom Suite has its own covered balcony with patio furniture for guests to enjoy morning cups of their favourite brew coffee whilst admiring the view and relishing in the salty sea breeze, or afternoon drinks drenched in magnificent sea views as far as the eye can see.
Just north of Salt Rock and virtually ten minutes from Ballito, is the beautiful beach of Sheffield with its sheltered coves and wonderful rock pools that invite little people to spend hours collecting shells and admiring sea anemones.
Christmas Bay is a closely guarded treasure of the North Coast.
The drive out to the area is exceptionally pretty as the road hugs the coastline for 10 kms and gives superb views over the Indian ocean. This vacation home treats guests to grand views of this same stretch of beautiful coast line.
A firm favourite with families, locals and visitors, the Christmas Bay’s known for being secluded and quiet and its warm waters are enticing.
With white gold sand surrounded with rocks and beautiful ocean scenes, at low tide, Christmas Bay becomes riddled with snorkelling spots. Renowned as one of the better fishing and diving spots on the Dolphin Coast, snorkelling here is a way of life, and if you want to know where to fish, just follow the local fishermen who head out here on a daily basis to partake of nature’s bounty.
The long open beaches are great for long morning strolls, especially if you head north, around the ‘point’ and continue on towards Tinley Manor. The Bay is also within walking distance of Ballito’s lagoon.
There are no restaurants on the beach so plan ahead and pack snacks for when you get hungry.
* Sage Cafe and Deli
* Prices Grant Golf Club
* Harold Johnson Nature Reserve
* Hazelmere Dam
- If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 25% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 999 days before arrival, forfeit 15% of the booking total.
Thanks for choosing to stay! Please ensure that you read and fully understand the following House Rules and Terms & Conditions which have been compiled in line with the property’s Regulations. Guests are required to adhere to the following guidelines. If anything is unclear, please contact your host who will explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
• Check-in Time: 2pm and Check-Out Time: 10am
• Please note that we do not refund early departures and/or cancellations which fall outside of the cancellation policy.
• The property maintains a strict Cancellation Policy. Guests are expected to comply with the relevant terms and conditions.
• We reserve the right to evict for unruly behaviour and overcrowding without refunding.
• Extra cleaning fees may be charged as required.
• Any damage or loss of property will be deducted from Guest’s Refundable Deposit, or may result in additional invoicing as required.
• Guests agree to abide by the Body Corporate’s strict Rules which are outlined on the attached document.
• The property’s quiet hours are between 10pm and 9am. The property reserves the right to retain guests’ Refundable Deposits should any guest be found guilty of such transgressions. Guests who fail to comply with these regulations will be evicted from the property.
• The owner and staff of the property will not be held liable for any damages, loss and injuries of guests.
• 50% Deposit is required to Confirm Reservation.
• 50% Outstanding Balance and Linen/Cleaning Fee (R4500) is payable 2 weeks prior to Arrival Date.
• Refundable Keys and Breakages Deposit (in the amount of R15000) to be paid prior/on date of Guests Arrival.
• A 15% Service fee is charged on all cancellations (if applicable.)
• Guests’ occupation of the property, in line with the period of their reservation, will be deemed as their agreement to abide by the property’s aforementioned House Rules, and their acceptance of the property’s aforementioned Terms of Conditions.
• Much effort has been put into making this property a lovely space for guests to enjoy. Please be respectful of the property as it is a holiday home and not a hotel. Please treat it with the same respect as you would your own home.
• Please ensure that you maintain a good level of cleanliness throughout your stay. Please throw garbage into the bins and ensure that food is not left lying around. Guests can throw excess rubbish into the bins.
• This vacation home is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy fun on the beach :) Please wash off beach sand before entering the property.
• This is an eco-friendly home! Please make sure you switch off lights, fans or any other small electrical appliances when they are not in use/upon leaving the property.
• Please open the bathroom windows when showering to let the humidity out.
• In the case of any accidental damage, the issue will be assessed internally to determine any deduction/repair costs.
• Kindly note that this is a non-smoking property.
• This property is not serviced. Cleaning services must be arranged prior to arrival and any associated costs will be borne by the Guest booking.
• Parties and Events are strictly prohibited (not allowed!) If guests are found to have had a party which results in extra cleaning, guests will be responsible for extra cleaning charges and in the unfortunate event of any disruptions alerting neighbours, GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
• We hope you have lots of laughter and fun times during your vacation! However, out of respect for our neighbours, guests should be mindful of noise. Noise is not permitted before 9 am, and after 10pm (Monday to Sunday.) Guests who breach these times may be evicted. Please see the property’s Terms and Conditions.
• If guests are suspected of carrying and/or using illegal drugs of any kind, the authorities will be engaged, and GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
• Upon booking, Guests will be asked to complete their Guest Registration and to provide copies of each guest/s Identity Document. Please note that only guests who have booked at the premises are permitted to visit the property with a maximum of 10 (approved) guests allowed in the property at any given time.
• Guests’ requests for early arrivals/delayed departures are fully dependent on availability. The property has a high occupancy rate therefore availability will be confirmed around 9:30pm on the evening prior to your date of arrival/on the morning of departure.
• Kindly ensure that all doors and windows are locked when you’re out/upon vacating the premises.
• Never leave children without any adult supervision at the property. Guests are fully responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times.
• Guests are responsible for ensuring that any visitors comply with these House Rules.
• Any additional overnight Visitors must be approved in advance, and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the properties rates. Have fun! This is your vacation time and we hope you make the most of this fabulous holiday home, its amenities and your opportunity to relax and visit the surrounding area.
Children aged between 0 and 18 pay 100% of the sliding scale rate.