There are few places left in Africa where it is still possible to try and achieve the elusive and highly desirable goal of symbiosis between man and his environment. In Zululand it is still possible.
Emdoneni Lodge with Cheetah Project and Spa is situated on a small game farm in the heart of Zululand, South Africa, and is owner managed. We pride ourselves in offering superior service to our guests and the sharing of our local knowledge, which enables guests to explore the most of Zululand in the time available.
We offer guests intimate and comfortable Hluhluwe game lodge accommodation in the form of chalets and rondavels, on a B&B or dinner, bed and breakfast basis, allowing guests to sample the delights of true South African hospitality and cuisine. Before and after dinner, join us for evening drinks around the fire, at the Boma or on the sun downer deck.
Join us for an up close and personal tour and learn more about South Africa`s endangered wild cat species. Come and be mesmerized by the beauty of the Caracal (Lynx), enchanted by the playful Serval, astonished by the speed and agility of the Cheetah and delighted by the African Wildcat. View and photograph these amazing animals at the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation Centre. We offer educational tours daily, with feedings during the afternoon tour and an informative talk about the animals and the project by an experienced guide.
The aim of the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation Centre is to care for wild Cheetahs, Serval Cats, African Wildcats and Caracal (Lynx), which have been orphaned or injured in the wild and are in need of care and rehabilitation. We also intend to breed where possible and release the offspring back into their natural habitat.
Where exactly are we situated?
- Easy accessible just off the main tarred road
- 15 km south of Hluhluwe town
- On your way to St Lucia a world Heritage site
- 20 km from Hluhluwe/iMfolozi Game Reserve in South Africa
Why Emdoneni Lodge?
- Tranquility: We offer a home away from home, a relaxing family friendly bush atmosphere, an experience not to forget.
- Quality: We pride ourselves in the quality of our product; service and attention to detail with friendly staff to attend to your holiday needs.
- Diversity: Our range of accommodation options cater for every need: from our Honeymoon cottage, elegant chalets, and to our family friendly Rondavels.
- Hospitality: Your Comfort and need for delicious SA cuisine, is our priority to you our guest.
- Nourishment: Friendly staff and hospitality, our chefs delicious meals are sure to turn your stay into a memorable experience, to return once again year after year and to become family of the Emdoneni family.
On offer at Emdoneni Lodge
- Game park with wildlife including Zebra, Impala, Nyala, Red and Grey Duiker
- Excellent bird watching
- Swimming pool, lapa and boma
- Braai / barbecue as dinner option in our boma
- Restaurant and bar
- Fax facilities
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Safe for valuables
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Airport transfers
- Walking and hiking trails
- Parking available
- View and photograph cats at the Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation Centre
- Fun activities for kids, by experienced guides
- Babysitting available
Accommodation at Emdoneni Lodge:
Spacious and elegant chalets with an authentic atmosphere. Twin beds with an en-suite bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities.
African-style, round, thatched roof rondavels. Two bedrooms each with its own bathroom (with shower). There is an adjoining door between the two bedrooms, making it ideal for families.
The Executive Suite, Windfall Cottage, is privately situated under Marula trees and consists of a lounge with DSTV, romantic bedroom, en-suite bathroom and an outside shower in a privately fenced Boma area. Sit and relax on your private patio, having your morning coffee / tea or afternoon glass of wine and watch Zebra and Impala roam around the cottage. Ideal for honeymooners or a romantic weekend away.
- Open vehicle game drives in Hluhluwe/iMfolozi Game Reserve (3 or 6 hours)
- Animal Care and Cat Rehabilitation Centre (Zululand Cat Rehabilitation Centre)
- Guided walking trails at Emdoneni
- Children activities on offer daily. All done by experienced guides
- Agriculture experience - visit to pineapple and sugar cane farms
- Deep sea game fishing at Cape Vidal or Sodwana Bay
- Boat trips at Lake St Lucia
- Zulu cultural experience
- Dumazulu Reptile Park
- Dumazulu Cultural Village
- Crocodile Experience
- Shopping at Ilala Weavers or Zamimphilo
- Full day St Lucia day tours
- Cape Vidal Snorkel Safari
- Cape Vidal Sunset Tour