The Drostdy Hotel
is a Luxury Boutique Hotel in the heart of historic Graaff-Reinet.
It is situated in the beautiful town of Graaff-Reinet which was established in 1786 and is South Africa`s fourth oldest magisterial district. The town contains over 220 heritage sites which is more than any other town in South Africa and has examples of magnificent Cape Dutch, Victorian and Karoo architecture.
Special services and facilities:
- Travel consultancy and information service
- Business desk and professional secretarial service
- One room equipped with facilities for universal accessibility
- State of the art gym facilities
- A World Class Africology Spa
- A choice of three pools in beautifully manicured gardens
- Secure parking and full Concierge service
- Conferencing facilities are available at the SA College for Tourism.
- Imibala Art Gallery
- De Camdeboo Restaurant
Food and Dinning - De Camdeboo Restaurant:
The on-site restaurant serves a selection of decadent meals and is open daily for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Accommodation at the Drostdy Hotel:
The Drostdy Hotel offers a total of 48 beautifully styled rooms. Stretch`s Court incorporates 31 rooms, the Ferreira precinct hosts 7 rooms in their own secluded area and Kromm`s Court an additional 10 rooms. The Hotel offers the following room categories:
Bachelor Rooms (8)
The Bachelor rooms are only fitted with a double bed and can accommodate a maximum of 1 guest. The average room size is 20 m2.
Standard Rooms (17)
The Standard Rooms can accommodate a maximum of 2 guests with an average room size of 31 m2. One room with universal accessibility offer the following facilities:
- Spacious bathroom
- Hand rails in bathroom
- Raised toilet
- Lowered basin
- Telephone in bathroom
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wider doors and passages for wheelchairs
Executive Rooms (15)
The Executive Rooms range in size from 27 to 63 m2 and 5 of the rooms can accommodate up to 2 guests. There are 2 Ferreira Executive rooms which are located in a private precinct and can be sold together with three standard rooms in the barn as a separate area with private pool.
Suites accommodate a maximum of 2 guests with an average room size of 46 m2.
- Complimentary Nespresso style pod coffee, herbal teas and biscuits in room
- 24 Hour room service
- Flat and satellite screen television
- Individually controlled air conditioning and heating
- Heated towel rails
- Underfloor heating in bathrooms
- En-suite bathrooms with separate bath, toilet and shower
- 100% Cotton linen
- Fully stocked personal mini bar in all rooms
- Electronic safe
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury bathroom amenities
- Writing desk and leather folder
- International plugs
- Valet and laundry service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily newspapers and summary of International newspapers on request
Facilities & Services:
- Children under 12 years
- Honeymoon Couples
- Laundry Service
- Ironing Service
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Limited Room Service
- Special Meals on Request
- Conference facilities
- Wine Tasting
- Dining room
- Bar on the Premises
- Tourism Information Desk
- Fax & Photocopy Machine
- Parking (open and off-street)
- Fireplace on the Premises
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
Drostdy Hotel Activities:
- Gaze in awe at the breath-taking views on top of the Valley of Desolation in Camdeboo National Park and watch the sun go down over the Plains of Camdeboo.
- Picnic or braai in Camdeboo National Park.
- Experience life as it was in the 1800's when you visit the historical Reinet House, Old Residency Museum, Urquhart House and the Military Museum. The Black Acorn grapevine planted by Charles Murray in 1870 is still growing at Reinet House.
- Admire the architecture of the Dutch Reformed Church (Groote Kerk), Drostdy Hotel, Stretch's Court and the cottages in the town.
- Experience the prehistoric era through the fossils in the Old Library Museum.
- Enjoy the artwork of famous contemporary South African artists at the Hester Rupert Art Museum.
- Taste our famous Karoo lamb, venison and great Karoo food whilst enjoying authentic platteland
hospitality at one of the town's cosy restaurants.
- The Christmas Lights in Acacia Street in Kroonvale offer a memorable festive season for all. Check out the biggest Cacti collection on the planet and walk the fascinating succulent plant labyrinth at Obesa Nursery. There is also a ceramic gallery where you can buy beautifully crafted pots in which to plant your Karoo rose-like succulent.
- Karoo adventure - take our 4X4 to the top of the mountain trail or set off hiking and mountain biking in the vast open landscapes to experience a sense of freedom, peacefulness and space.
- Take time out to enjoy films and live shows at the historical John Rupert Theatre.
- Experience authentic Karoo farm life on a working guest farm in the area.
- Enjoy a day trip to Nieu Bethesda and visit Helen Martin's Owl House Museum.
- For nature lovers there are a variety of guided nature walks in the area.
- Visit and experience life in Graaff-Reinet's Xhosa township. Visits include the kindergarden, clinic, library, church (Sundays only), a private home and taste Ouma`s (grandmother`s) tasty roosterbrood (local cuisine).
- Visit the Africology Spa.
Click to display the map
Drostdy Hotel Guest Review
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 1
We found the room clean, neat and user friendly. Loved the different colours of the doors and windows! We were told the food at the restaurant was great and it was! The hotel is also very central and we found it easily. Also lots of space in the parking area. Would recommend it!
Rating: Reviewed by Peter Lane over a year ago
Other Accommodation near Drostdy Hotel:
Accommodation options within 8km from Drostdy Hotel include:
Guest Rating: (21 reviews)
De Kothuize consists of eight lovingly restored classic Cape Karoo houses in historic Graaff Reinet, Eastern Province.
per person sharing
Lynne's Place is a spacious 4 bedroom house,which you have entirely to yourselves; private, quiet and secure with lock-up parking. There is 1½ bathrooms,lounge, dinningroom DSTV, air con, fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities.
Guest Rating: (35 reviews)
Offering B&B or Self-Catering accommodation in typical Karoo-style cottages that were built during the middle of the 1800's. Come & enjoy an evening in a National Monument!
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (11 reviews)
6 en-suite air-conditioned rooms with private entrance's. 2 en-suite air-conditioned rooms upstairs in the Manor House. Sparkling swimming pool and braai area. Centrally situated. Secure parking. Full Country breakfast is served.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (4 reviews)
Our guesthouse, named Aa'Qtansisi, is derived from the authentic original Khoisan language, meaning "We welcome You". This old Karoo home has been created into a small boutique-type accommodation centrally situated in Graaff-Reinet