Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering
is a 4-Star graded Self-catering facility, located in a peaceful cul-de-sac on Beach Road, Kleinmond, in the Western Cape is approximately one hour and 15 minutes scenic drive from Cape Town International Airport.
Situated on the western side of Sandown Bay between the Kogelberg mountain range and the rich Benguela sea current of the Atlantic Ocean this seafront property has two fully equipped 3-bedroom self-catering apartments called Spykerklip and Drievis as well as the main residence of your hosts, Werner and Lorraine Pauw - a historic building with Landmark Status. Built in early 1910, the main house has been totally restored under the guidance of the Overstrand Aesthetics Committee and is known as Die Rotse. Spykerklip and Drievis, the two fully equipped 3-bedroom apartments, have been built in line with the look and feel of Die Rotse and make up the rest of the totally secure 2500sq complex.
The grounds provide a private and secure kiddies playground and ample space for relaxing outdoors complete with herb and vegetable garden (subject to season). A 40-meter stroll leads to a natural tidal swimming pool and large inter-coastal tidal zone for hours of exploring in the unique eco-system of the kelp forest. Follow the coastal path from here to Kleinmond`s Blue Flag beach only 300 meters away. Distances to surrounding attractions:
- 300 m away from Kleinmond`s famous Blue Flag beach
- 40 m from inter-tidal rock pools
- 10 minute stroll from harbor Road`s restaurant and bars
- 1 km away from Kleinmond Golf Course (with more than 8 golf courses less than 1 hour away)
- Harold Porter National Botanical Garden: 10 km away
- Stony Point land-based African Penguin breeding colony: 10 km away
- Shark cage diving: 50 km away
- 2 km from the famous wild horses at Rooisand
- Horse riding 4 km away
- More than 5 wine routes within 1 hour`s drive
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Satellite TV: Upgrade DSTV Premium Bouquet On Demand at extra R35 per day, but bring own decoder and smart card and connect for free. (Holiday Home Service)
- Smart TV via KODI and an extensive collection of movies/music to choose from (free)
- For own account:- Smart TV via Android TV Box/ Streaming services/Netflix etc..
- Internet and free Wi-Fi – password protected
- Emergency battery powered lighting during Eskom power shedding times.
- Small FM/AM battery operated portable radio during Eskom power shedding times.
- Gas ring for emergency use when we experience power outages due to power shedding
- Safe for valuables in each apartment
- Hair dryer
- European plug points
- Private balcony or patio from each room
- 3 x Outdoor braai / barbecue areas (We provide bundle of 25 pieces of wood for free, but additional wood can be bought at R50 per 25 pieces) plus we provide stainless steel braai grids as well as potjie or stainless steel pan, is available on demand.
- Patio tables and chairs plus sun umbrellas
- Traditional South African dinners by prior arrangement
- Cleaning services, washing and ironing by prior arrangement
- Camping Cot for baby available by arrangement
- Playground for kids with sandpit and swings
- Secure covered parking behind remote gate CCTV camera system around premises
- CCTV camera system around premises
- Can arrange Great White Shark Tours in Gansbaai. Please arrange well in advance. We shall invoice your account.
- Airport shuttle service by arrangement
- Malaria free
Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering accommodation: Spykerklip
is an upper level apartment and our deluxe accommodation, boasting an en-suite main bedroom (double bed) with an infinity view overlooking the ocean and 2 bedrooms overlooking the Kogelberg mountain range. A second full bathroom serves the Mountain View bedrooms. All bedrooms are extended by joined balconies – the 2 mountain rooms (2 x single beds) and 1 x King size bed) share a balcony facing the mountain, whilst the main bedroom shares a balcony with the open plan living room and lounge and offers an unobstructed sea view. The fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances has a clear view of both sea and mountain. Quality linen and towels provided.
is a ground level apartment with 3 spacious bedrooms; the main bedroom (King size bed) has en-suite walk-in shower with toilet and wash basin and a single modern bathroom complete with an antique free standing bath and shower serves bedrooms 2&3. The main bedroom is sea facing and extends onto a patio overlooking the ocean. The second bedroom (2 x single beds) overlooks the garden and kiddies playground whilst the third bedroom (Double bed) allows easy access with a separate outside door leading onto the sunny stoep / patio area adjoining the barbeque area. The fully equipped modern open plan kitchen / living room is extended onto a sea facing patio with an unobstructed view of the inter-coastal tidal zone. Quality linen and towels provided.
Die Rotse Host House & Self-Catering Activities: Local Facilities and Attractions:
Kleinmond forms part of the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve and the Kleinmond coastline is exceptional in its range of coastal habitats and marine flora and fauna mostly due to the contrasting influences of the warm Agulhas and cold Benguela currents, which drive productivity and biodiversity along the coast. Be rejuvenated by the clean unpolluted healthy sea air often described as 'champagne air' with 'an extra molecule of oxygen'!
Sandy beaches, rocky reefs, rivers and estuaries abound to provide hours of exploring and relaxing. Kleinmond boasts 2 sandy beaches. Sandown beach or Kleinmond main beach is a short 300 meter stroll away from your accommodation and was rewarded with Blue Flag status for the 2011 season. The beach provides safe swimming with lifeguards on duty for most of the year, a shallow lagoon popular with kids, a restaurant with open deck for perfect sun downers, a picnic area under the Milkwood trees with kiddies play park next to the lagoon and small boats for hire to paddle around on the lagoon or view the feral horses resident at the Kleinmond marshes. Surfing is often good at the point.
Kelp forests and large intertidal rock pools (40 meters from Die Rotse Host House & Self-catering) provide food and safety for fish and other marine animals - a natural and safe 'swimming pool' where kids can learn about the sea and the beautiful eco-system of living sea organisms. This is where the 1st fish you catch, catches you
- Bar nearby
- There are a number of beauty salons nearby and a Wellness Centre that caters for men as well as women
- Cycling trails close by in the Kogelberg Nature reserve. Kleinmond is a cycling-friendly village.
- Fishing spots in front of the accommodation. Kleinmond is famous for fishing.
- Crayfish diving available in front of the house.
- Whale watching in front of house or in Hermanus.
- More than 20 defined walks and hikes in Kleinmond with well-developed footpaths along the coast and mountains.
- Kleinmond is an artist's hideaway - local art for sale at various galleries.
- Various local tours are available.
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Die Rotse Host House & Self-Catering:
Accommodation options within 8km from Die Rotse Host House & Self-Catering include:
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Modern upmarket extensively fitted selfcatering apartments with breakfast bar, laundry, sundowner patio with built-in BBQ. Unsurpassed views of white sandy beach, lagune, mountain and tennis courts. Central to all amenities. Golfers choice.
Experience charming, elegant rondavels, chalets and log cabins, fully equipped for self-catering inside a private nature reserve. Enjoy abundant bird life, cross the footbridge to the endless, unspoiled beach and watch spectacular sunsets.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Bordering on the coatal nature reserve Herd's Cove offers superb mountain and sea views. Relax in this haven of peace and tranquility. We offer 2 large luxuriously furnished guest rooms and a comfortable lounge that leads on to a sea facing deck.
per person sharing
Welcome to VillaChad luxury guesthouse accommodation in Kleinmond. If you are lookinbg for style, luxury and tranquility, VillaChad offers all that and much more.
per person sharing
Van Den Berg's offers everything from great cuisine, fynbos and beach walks to relaxing patio views and many adventures of this region. We also have stunning views of the Overberg Mountains to the north, Walker Bay to the east and the Atlantic Ocean.