Die Berghut is situated 3km in the mountain under a huge rock, about 16km from Zastron on the farm, Groenhoek.
Self catering, fully equipped with sleeping facilities with a very neat little bathroom.
You have breathtaking views of the Maluti Mountains in the east and Lady Grey in the south.
This secluded hideaway is perfect for escaping to nature, experiencing
genuine camp fires and a star-strewn
velvet sky at night.
The perfect mountain getaway for stressed urban dwellers who want a complete break. " Die Berghut" offers a haven of peace, quiet and security for the whole family.
It is an especially relaxing breakaway from the pressures of modern city life.
Here you can become one with the Transgariep.
Please note A min. stay of 2 nights or double tariff for one night`s stay.
For the adventurous there are many surprises waiting on the hiking trails
Activities include hiking, horse riding, a "braai" area and a farm dam, which can be enjoyed on hot summer days
Very well-appointed self-catering accommodation comprises:
- Open plan facility with a Double-Bed and 2 Single-Beds
- Well-equipped Kitchen facilities
- Another caravan than can sleep either 3 singles of a double.
- A bathroom in which you shower under the rock
- Linens are provided - you must just bring your own towels
- Only accessible with 4x4 vehicle or with vehicle with high ground clearance and that is back wheel drive - if you don't have the suitable vehicle, DON'T WORRY- we will
take you up at a fee of R100.00
From Bloemfontein or Aliwal North take the R26 to Zastron
Take the R726 to Sterkspruit and turn of the first road left S367.
About 15 km from there turn of at the "GROENHOEK" sign to your right to go to the main house.
From there you will be escorted to "Die Berghut"
Only accessible with a 4wd or bakkie, if you don't have one, we will take you up while your car is parked in garage at the main house.