Del Este 5
- This spacious and airy self-catering 103 sqm holiday apartment is ideally located in the popular, sought after holiday town of Manaba, near Margate and Uvongo. This part of the Hibiscus Coast offers clean sea breezes, pristine natural surroundings, friendly climate, welcoming locals, delightful sights of dolphins and whales (visible directly from the apartment), and ultra-modern facilities and star attractions all year round.
The apartment can accommodate 4 guests and comprises 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a spacious open-plan kitchen, dining and living area. The living area leads out to a spacious balcony equipped with built-in braai facilities and patio furniture.
Both the lounge and the balcony boast stunning sea views.
The apartment comes with its secure parking bay located next to the front door of the apartment.
Bed linen and bath towels are provided. Just bring your own beach towels.
The apartment is a no-smoking establishment. Pets are not allowed.
Accommodation at Del Este 5:
The master bedroom contains a double bed and the second bedroom contains two single beds. The first bathroom contains a bath while the second bathroom is equipped with a shower.
The kitchen is fully equipped for your self-catering stay and includes a fridge-freezer, a microwave, a stove and oven, a dishwasher, and a breakfast bar with stools.
The dining-area features a round table and chairs, and the lounge features a television equipped with free Premium DSTV and cosy furniture.
Del Este 5 Activities:
Sea view with regular dolphins and whales sightings direct from the spacious balcony.
The apartment is ideally situated within 200 metres from Lucien beach, a superb Blue Flag
family beach (an international symbol of quality for beaches that meet a standard of excellence in the areas of safety, amenities, cleanliness, environmental information and environmental management) with seemingly endless golden sand, offering fantastic swimming opportunities and a relaxing environment. The warm water makes swimming possible at any time of the year. There is an adjacent tidal pool for little ones. Whales and dolphins can be spotted from the apartment and the beach, particularly through the winter months. Facilities at the beach include a small tuck shop, lifeguards on duty throughout the year, and toilets. Ample, free parking space is available at the beach.
The accommodation is located on the Hibiscus coast, which is part of the beach holiday mecca
of Kwazulu-Natal. This stretch of the Indian Ocean presents year-round delights of playful dolphins and majestic, cruising whales. On top of this, each June or July offers 'The Greatest Shoal on Earth', when 20-thousand dolphins plus thousands of sharks, hundreds of fur seals, uncountable game fish and the occasional whale, all herding and feeding from a millions-strong sardine shoal, offer an enchanted experience, topped with massed squadrons of sea birds raining down from above. This Zulu Kingdom's annual winter Sardine Run is one of the wonders of the world.
Local amenities and attractions:
The complex is within walking distance from restaurants, bars and shops, and a few minutes drive from shopping malls offering all popular brand shops and supermarkets. It is a convenient 15-minute drive from Margate airport, and 2 hours drive from King Shaka international airport north of Durban.
- Numerous gorgeous South Coast beaches
- The Waffle House (a landmark not to be missed, nestled in tranquil subtropical vegetation on the edge of Ramsgate Lagoon)
- Mac Bananas farm stall (a restaurant and fun venue for the whole family)
- Oribi Gorge
- Ramsgate Butterfly Valley
- Amanzimtoti bird sanctuary
- Stephward Estate exotic nursery
- Clearwater MTB trails
- Riverbend crocodile farm
- Red Desert nature conservation area (the smallest desert in the world, situated otherwise in the tropical greenery of Port Edward; do not miss out on the Umtamvuna estuary which promises breath-taking views)
- Day trails in the Umtamvuna nature reserve
- Uvongo nature reserve
- Splash Water World
- African Dive Adventures
- Amanda's coffee shop
- Pure Venom reptile park
- Magnificent golf courses
Click to display the map