Only 7 km outside Oudtshoorn, in the Garden Route, surrounded by the famous Swartberg and Outeniqua mountains, is one of the world’s 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones, De Zeekoe Guest Farm
Surrounded by variety attractions like ostrich farms, longest wine route in the world (R62), Cango caves, Wildlife ranch, waterfalls and museums, makes this the ideal destination for a visit or a stay over in the Klein Karoo. This owner managed, 2500 hectare working lusern farm, is malaria free and child friendly.
De Zeekoe Guest Farm offers a unique in the world opportunity to walk with Wild Meerkats (Meerkat adventures) and to be part of the shy 5 experience.
Facilities and Services:
- Wild Meerkat tours, home to the “shy five” - please pre book
- Accommodation: From Standard to Superior rooms, Private Cottages with own pool and Waterfront cabins
- Wheelchair friendly Rooms
- Restaurant with fresh farm produce and free range meat, gluten free available
- Cocktail Bar
- FREE WI-FI and Welcoming drinks
- Fishing – bring own equipment
- Hiking and biking (bikes to rent)
- Jungle gym
- Going green with recycling, solar panels etc
- Birding (162 species ) - private bird tours
- Self guided walks
- Swimming pool – salt water
- Star Gazing
- Free warm blackest in winter and glue wine
Accommodation at De Zeekoe Guest Farm: Main House:
We offer 9 luxury rooms, 3 standard room, 7 superior rooms, 2 honeymoon rooms, 2 deluxe rooms at the main house.
3 x private cottages and 4 lake side cabins only 3 minutes drive from the main house. All tastefully styled with textures of wood, earthy fabrics, colorful rugs and soft lighting, a play on nostalgic decoration and fond memories.
Well equipped with modern amenities and a private entrance. Lush gardens a mountain view, underfloor heating, air conditioning, bar fridge, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities.
De Zeekoe Guest Farm Activities:
- De Zeekoe has something for everyone, from adventurers to those simply seeking a quiet getaway.
- Wild Meerkat tours can be booked at De Zeekoe Reserve
- A bird lover’s paradise with a 162 different species.
- An outdoor paradise, fishing, canoeing, biking and hiking along the many nature trails to be enjoyed in safety within the borders of the farm.
- The Incredible Cango Caves the great Swartberg and Outeniqua Mountain passes are other attractions in the vicinity worth a visit.
- Private tours
- Mountain Biking
- Swartberg Pass
- The Cango Caves
- Ostrich Show Farms
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
- Wine Cellars
- Prince Albert
- Gamkaskloof (Die Hel)
- Whale Watching in Mosselbay
- Calitzdorp: the Port Capital of South Africa
- Botlierskop: Game farm and Restaurant
De Zeekoe Guest Farm Map:
De Zeekoe Guest Farm Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
Excellent venue superb service !
Rating: Reviewed by Leon Fourie over a year ago
Beautiful accommodation and friendly staff.
Rating: Reviewed by Lynne Hadley over a year ago
We stayed at a comfortable log-cabin at the lake. Spacious terrace with wonderful sea view. Delicious meals and super-friendly and helpful staff.
Rating: Reviewed by Reinhard Steiner over a year ago
Rating: Reviewed by Jens Wehenkel over a year ago
Other Accommodation near De Zeekoe Guest Farm:
Accommodation options within 8km from De Zeekoe Guest Farm include:
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
De Denne Country Guest House gives you tranquillity, spectacular views and soul touching moments. Sunsets you will never find elsewhere and hospitality to make you feel at home.
Terra Bianca Guest House rests on the banks of the Grobbelaars River, overlooking Oudtshoorn and the majestic Swartberg Mountains. This establishment offers visitors one of the most spectacular views of Oudtshoorn and surrounding areas.
Aloe Manor provides spacious, peaceful surroundings with an about nature natural vegetation and a marvelous view on the Swartberg Mountains from your bedroom door. an Included art gallery makes your stay even more spoiled, besides the comfort and beauty.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Stylish guest house on real working ostrich farm 10km from Oudtshoorn in idyllic setting. Enjoy luxury stay (free wi-fi) with country tranquility. Authentic & traditional local hospitality & cuisine. Private farm tour. Perfect base for exploring area.
Thylitshia Villa Guesthouse is a beautiful newly renovated vintage guesthouse in the countryside of Oudtshoorn. This cosy 4 star guesthouse is a haven of peace overlooking the Swartberg mountains.8 French vintage decorated en-suite bedrooms await you.