Only 7 km outside Oudtshoorn, in the Garden Route, surrounded by the famous Swartberg and Outeniqua mountains, is one of the worlds 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones, De Zeekoe Guest Farm.
Surrounded by variety attractions like ostrich farms, longest wine route in the world (R62), Cango caves, Wildlife ranch, waterfalls and museums, makes this the ideal destination for a visit or a stay over in the Klein Karoo. This owner managed, 2500 hectare working lusern farm, is malaria free and child friendly.
De Zeekoe Guest Farm offers a unique in the world opportunity to walk with Wild Meerkats (Five Shy Meerakts) and to be part of the shy 5 experience.
Facilities and Services:
- Wild Meerkat tours, home to the shy five - please pre book
- Accommodation: From Standard to Superior rooms, Private Cottages with own pool
- Wheelchair friendly Rooms
- Restaurant with fresh farm produce and free range meat, gluten free available
- Cocktail Bar
- FREE WI-FI and Welcoming drinks
- Hiking and biking (bikes to rent)
- Jungle gym
- Going green with recycling, solar panels etc
- Birding (162 species ) - private bird tours
- Canoeing - in season
- Self guided walks
- Swimming pool salt water
- Star Gazing
Accommodation at De Zeekoe Guest Farm:
We offer 5 luxury rooms, 4 standard room, 5 superior rooms, 2 honeymoon rooms, 5 deluxe rooms at the main house.
3 x private cottages with own pool, situated 5 minutes from the main house
Well equipped with modern amenities and a private entrance. Lush gardens a mountain view, underfloor heating, air conditioning, bar fridge, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities.
- De Zeekoe has something for everyone, from adventurers to those simply seeking a quiet getaway.
- Wild Meerkat tours can be booked at De Zeekoe Reserve
- A bird lovers paradise with a 162 different species.
- An outdoor paradise, fishing, canoeing, biking and hiking along the many nature trails to be enjoyed in safety within the borders of the farm. - activities subject to weather / seasons
- The Incredible Cango Caves the great Swartberg and Outeniqua Mountain passes are other attractions in the vicinity worth a visit.
- Swartberg Pass
- The Cango Caves
- Ostrich Show Farms
- Cango Wildlife Ranch
- Wine Cellars
- Prince Albert
- Gamkaskloof (Die Hel)
- Whale Watching in Mosselbay
- Calitzdorp: the Port Capital of South Africa
- Botlierskop: Game farm and Restaurant
- Follow the R62 to Calitzdorp.
- About 500 m after leaving the town of Oudtshoorn turn left on the R328 to Mossel Bay.
- Travel down the R328 for +- 7 kilometres until seeing the De Zeekoe.
- Guest Farm sign and then turn right onto a good gravel road for another 2 kilometres to the main lodge.