This beautiful Lodge and ostrich farm is situated in Schoemanspoort and is totally surrounded by mountains. The willow trees and river give a peaceful atmosphere and is food for the soul. If you like nature, De Oude Meul Country Lodge and Game Farm is the place to be!
Our A La Cart Restaurant specializes in venison and ostrich and will give you an unforgettable meat experience. Come and taste the best of the ostrich at very reasonable prices. We also cater for bus groups.
4 X 4 Trips up the mountain. Have you ever been in a 4 X 4 climbing a mountain? Do not miss out such an adventure, you will be surprise to see what these vehicles can do. On these trips you will see elephant foot plants more than a thousand years old, aloes more than 200 years old and numerous other succulents and plants used by previous generations and bushman as medicine.
Accommodation at De Oude Meul Country Lodge and Game Farm:
We have 29 air-conditioned rooms. The rooms are comfortably furnished with an fan, clock-radio, coffee and tea facilities and a en-suite bathroom with a shower. Every room is equipped with twin beds, but we have queen-size beds on request.
Each room has a verandah with a table and chairs where guests can relax and enjoy nature some rooms are equipped with a outside built in BBQ. People are not allowed to smoke in the rooms, only outside on the verandah.
We have four family rooms, consisting of two rooms with a en-suite bathroom with a shower. We have one luxury room with a queen size bed and DSTV. The other unit with DSTV is a flat with a kitchen and a living room for people who want to stay for longer periods. There is also a sleeper couch for children to sleep on.
Newly renovated self catering family units are also available with two separate inter-leading units with a large lounge kitchenette unit area with a private veranda (with BBQ), TV, en-suite bathroom with a shower.
* 4x4 Trip
* Bird watching
* Swartberg Mountain Trip
* Game viewing at the river side
* Swim in the river near the lodge
* 4x4 route with Barbeque on the mountain
* Relax in one of our two sparkling swimming pools
* Enjoy a relaxing day on the farm, with the owners farming with their ostriches
Arriving from R62 Calitz Dorp side in Oudtshoorn:
- Follow the main road that you enter Town with. At the third traffic light, turn left into Baron van Reede Street.
- Follow this road out of town. From the Cango Wildlife Ranch it is about 13km to De Oude Meul Country Lodge. You will drive past Cango Ostrich Show Farm.