We have 3 one bedroom/one bathroom cottages. Each spacious cottage (75 sq. metres) is well equipped and can sleep 2 adults and 2 small children on a sleeper couch. We also have 3 two bedroom/two bathroom cottages measuring 115 sq. metres. All are well equipped and can sleeps upto 4 adults and 2 small children on a sleeper couch.
Each cottage has a patio overlooking a private garden with a bbq area. The cottages are all named after birds that have been seen on our property. Although our cottages are fully equipped for self-catering, breakfasts are available by arrangement, delivered to your cottage.
Facilities in all our cottages:
- LCD TV, DSTV (Hotel package)
- Queen-size bed and twin beds in the two bedroom cottages
- Queen-size and single beds in the one bedroom cottages
- Fridge, stove & microwave
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Wireless internet is available at receptions area
Coral Tree Cottages Activities: Sport:
- For family entertainment at its best, visit Adventure Land Water Park.
- There are numerous hiking trails catering for all abilities from a few hours to several days. Some favourites are Robberg Nature Reserve and the famous Otter Trail.
- All trails have a common thread - tranquillity and natural beauty.
- There are numerous mountain biking trails in the Harkerville forest and the Outeniqua mountains.
- There are various scenic horse riding trails around Plettenberg Bay with wonderful forest trails or outrides through indigenous forstry.
- Quality golf courses midst beautiful natural surroundings are only minutes away.
- Plettenberg Bay boasts a fine 18 hole golf course in the middle of a private nature reserve. Here one may frequently see the Knysna Loeries whilst enjoying a game of golf on this immaculately kept course.
- The beautiful coastline is probably one of the most spectacular in the world.
- The beautiful blue bay is in itself a stunning sight, curtained by a backdrop of majestic mountains.
- The area between Harkerville and the Tsitsikamma is a true reflection of the famous Garden Route. This region consists of coastline flanked by the tall mountains, sea, rivers, estuaries, magnificent indigenous forests, hills, fynbos and abundant wildlife.
Fauna & Flora
- Schools of dolphins are often sighted and the great Antarctic whales often come into the bay.
- During winter months, the spectacular Southern Right Whales are resident in our bay to calve offering visitors the wonderful opportunity to whale watch.
- More than 260 species of interesting and rare birds have been sited in this area making Plettenberg Bay a birdwatchers paradise. Other mammals to be spotted include the bushpig, dassie, blue duiker, bushbuck, leopard, mongoose and the Cape clawless otter.
- For the nature lover there is a wealth of flora and numerous hiking trails for the more energetic devotees.
Coral Tree Cottages Map:
Health & Climate:
Plettenberg Bay has an ideal climate. Summer days are long and warm.
Winter days rarely get below 15 deg. celcius.
It was our second stay and we will definitely come back. The mattress and linen is great, the chalets are well appointed and the free entry to the water park is a real bonus for the kids. The only complaint would be that the sleeper couch is very uncomfortable.
Exclusive fully equipped self catering chalets conveniently close to Knysna & Plettenberg Bay. Enjoy privacy & serenity on a 85 hectare private indigenous forest.
Set in 19 hectares of the pristine Harkerville countryside, halfway between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, all the suites have their own furnished patio and a garden view providing you with plenty of room to stretch out and relax.
A lovely owner run Establishment, with Forest Chalet, Guest House, Bunk House, and Camping, situated in a tranquil forest setting, 14km outside Plettenberg Bay, just 1 km off the N2. Secure on site safe parking.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
Nestled in a valley free of road noise minutes from Plettenberg Bay and Knysna close to N2, clean well-equipped self-catering facilities, scrumptious breakfasts, relaxing break in established garden, dams, abundant birdlife, nearby Zinzi Restaurant.
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
Cape Dutch style Guest House. Situated between Knysna & Plettenberg Bay with 17 rooms, standard, deluxe and luxury. Gourmet style dinners served every evening.