Nestled at the foot of Table Mountain, the Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel and Spa is located within walking distance of a variety of trendy shops and restaurants on vibrant Kloof and Long Streets. Nearby attractions include the V&A Waterfront, Camps Bay and Clifton Beaches, and the cableway which are all within a 10-minute drive.
Cloud 9 opened 1 December 2016, integrating a small guesthouse, formerly known as Leeuwenvoet House, with three other heritage properties into a beautiful new 47-room Boutique Hotel. Rooms at Cloud 9 are equipped with modern amenities such as a Nespresso coffee machine, Ultra HD TV with an extensive channel selection, air conditioning, a fridge and complimentary high-speed fibre Wi-Fi.
The bathrooms include designer finishes and some rooms boast views of Table Mountain.
Cloud 9 features a spectacular rooftop bar with a 360-degree view of the city and Table Mountain and three on-site restaurants. There is also an art gallery and a fitness room.
The hotel connects five beautiful heritage properties via a central reception and secluded courtyard. Facilities include a spa with a sauna and three treatment rooms, an elevator, 24-hour reception, security and parking. Guests can relax on the sun deck and enjoy a splash in one of the plunge pools or the Jacuzzi.
The reception desk can assist with booking airport transfers (20 km away) and various trips in and around Cape Town.
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel and Spa, in the heart of the city, is the most central accommodation from which to explore Cape Town.
Facilities and Services include:
- Limited secure parking
- 24-hour reception
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi access
- Soundproofed windows
- Plunge pool
- Air conditioning
- Satellite television
- 40" Ultra HD (K4) television
- Nespresso Machine in all rooms
- Electronic safes in all rooms
- Bespoked Toiletries
- Tour booking assistance
- Three on-site restaurants
- Tranquil courtyard
- 47 rooms in beautiful heritage properties
- Solar power
- Spa with 3 treatment rooms
- Rooftop bar and swimming pool with stunning views of Table Mountain
Accommodation at Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa:
Cosier rooms ranging from 17-20 square meters. Best suited for single persons. All rooms have queen beds with luxurious cotton linen. Limited rooms with city, mountain and obscure views. En suite shower and Charlotte Rhys amenities. Fast Fibre Internet, air conditioning, Nespresso Machine, fridge, Ultra HD television with extended channel selection.
Heritage Classic Rooms
More spacious rooms ranging from 20-23 square meters. XL King/twin bed with luxurious cotton linen. Some rooms with city, courtyard or mountain view. En suite shower and Charlotte Rhys amenities. Fast Fibre Internet, air conditioning, Nespresso Machine, fridge, Ultra HD television with extended channel selection. Some rooms with city or mountain view.
Heritage Deluxe Rooms
These luxurious and spacious rooms at 28-36 square meters offer larger bathrooms and are ideal for families. Most have mountain, courtyard or city views. XL King/Twin bed with luxurious cotton linen. En suite shower and Charlotte Rhys amenities. Fast Fibre Internet, air conditioning, Nespresso Machine, fridge, Ultra HD television with extended channel selection.
Directions from Airport / N2
- From the Airport, follow N2 freeway toward the City (do not take Muizenberg direction) until you see signs for the M3 freeway (Cableway).
- Stay in the left lane. Follow the M3 towards the City.
- Take the Mill Street (Jutland Avenue) (it also shows signs to Table Mountain Cable Car) off-ramp.
- (Look for large graffitti on the lefthand wall before you turn off). 5. Jutland Avenue becomes Mill Street.
- On your left side, you will pass the Gardens Shopping Centre with Pick n Pay, then a bit further on the entrance to the Mount Nelson Hotel and the Labia Cinema.
- At the set of traffic lights after the Mount Nelson and the Labia, turn left into Rheede Street.
- Proceed to the T-junction and turn left into Kloof Street. You are now facing the direction of the mountain.
- Proceed up Kloof Street. Pass Park Road on the right, then turn Right into Kloofnek Road.
- Proceed up Kloofnek Road. After about 100 metres, the road starts to bear left. At this point you will see straight ahead of you, a green vehicular gate.
- There is a sign on the gate: Leeuwenvoet House Guest Parking. Please beware of oncoming traffic!
- On the left hand side of the gate there is an intercom. Press intercom button and our receptionist will open the gate for you.