Come and relax at Cliff Cottage, just across the road from the famous Hermanus cliff paths and some of the best land-based whale watching in the world.
We offer spacious Cape Dutch en-suite double or twin bedrooms and family suites, with garden entrances, satelite TV, off-street parking, mountain views, and scrumptious home-cooked or continental breakfasts.
You can take a scenic walk along the cliff paths to the village shops, bars, restaurants and craft market.
The magnificant Grotto beach, Fernkloof Nature reserve, premier 27-hole Golf Course and the Hemel-en-Arde Valley vineyards are all just a short drive away.
Hermanus is the most renowned town when it comes to whale watching in South Africa. The Hermanus Whale Festival takes place every September, coinciding with the Southern Right whale's breeding season.
Hermanus offers a variety of hiking trails and walking paths. The Cliff Path that stretches from the New Harbour in Westcliff all along the coastline to Grotto beach is 10-12km long and has made Hermanus famous for its land-based Whale watching potential.
Described by some as the greatest Hermanus attractions there are a number of choices for beaches, from rock-protected coves to long expanses of sandy beach, perfect for safe swimming and strolling.
When it comes to golfing the Hermanus Golf Club and Arabella Golf Course and Country Estate are two of the greatest Hermanus attractions on offer.
Shark Cage Diving:
A mere 30 minute drive from Hemanus lies Gaansbaai, the greatest location for shark cage diving in South Africa.
These Township Tours provide a fascinating way to get to know more about the living conditions of local township inhabitants in Zwelihle.
From Cape Town:
- Take the N2 through Somerset West and over Sir Lowry`s Pass. Drive straight.
- After about +- 20 minutes( you will pass Grabouw) you will pass over the Houw Hoek Pass.
- As you come down this pass Botriver will be on you Left hand side and shortly after you will see a turn off to Hermanus R43 to your left.
- Take this off Ramp Carry along straight along the R43. You will pass the Kleinmond turn.
- Pass Fisherhaven, Hawston, Vermont, Onrus and the Sandbaai. Once in Hermanus you will see Pick n Pay supermarket on left and Shell station on right.
- Turn RIGHT into Park road by petrol station and right again into Marine Drive which then becomes Westcliff Drive and we are about 1km along Westcliff at no 22 on the right hand side
Spacious double room with queen size bed, victorian slipper bath and separate shower, satelite tv, tea/coffee. We can put in an extra single bed for child/teenager on request. Garden entrance, mountain views and off-street parking.
Double / Twin:
Spacious double/twin room with en-suite bath and shower, tea/coffee facilities. Off-street parking.
Double / Family Suite:
Spacious double room with and smaller adjoining single room for one adult or 2 children,en-suite bath and shower, satelite tv, tea/coffee facilities and kitchenette with bar fridge. Garden entrance, mountain views and off-street parking.
Spacious Double / Family Suite:
Spacious double room with kingsize or twin beds, smaller adjoining single room for one adult or 2 children,en-suite bath and shower, own lounge with satelite tv, tea/coffee facilities and bar fridge. Garden entrance, mountain views and off-street parking.