Chumbi Bush House is the perfect place to be at your most peaceful self, relax, get away from it all, write a book, be an artist, go for a walk, or simply watch the world go by.
A Self-catering Family holiday home set within a private nature reserve, with bush as far as the eye can see. It is within an easy drive proximity to False Bay within the St Lucia World Heritage site, Sodwana Bay and Hluhluwe National Park.
Relax in the comfort of this award-winning Home. Laze on the veranda and experience nature and wildlife at its pristine best. A wonderful place to just relax, or go for walks or cycle. The greater Farm is home to Giraffe, Wildebeest, Nyala, Impala, reedbuck, red and common duiker, suni, warthog, monkeys, leopard and others. Delight in the abundance wildlife and exquisite birdlife. Star-gaze at the night sky or thaw your soul by a flickering fire. Prepare yourself delicious meals in our well-equipped kitchen and enjoy a chin-wag eating outside on the beautiful patio, or laze around an afternoon braai (bbq).
Accommodation at Chumbi Bush House:
Chumbi Bush House is large and spacious, accommodating 7 people in 3 bedrooms, and offers complete privacy. It has a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering as well as a beautiful patio braai area.
All rooms have ceiling fans, the 2 larger rooms have Air-con. The rooms open onto a large deck with gorgeous views of the indigenous garden and Zululand bush.
- The main bedroom Sleeps 3. It has a king-size bed, and a single bed. The room is Air-conditioned. There is a bathroom en-suite with a bath, shower and an outside shower.
- The 2nd bedroom has twin beds, (can be made into a king), Air-conditioner, and is Shower en-suite.
- The 3rd bedroom has 2 single beds, with a shower across the passage.
Facilities and Features of Chumbi Bush House:
- Fully equipped kitchen for your self-catering needs
- Large Spacious veranda
- Full DSTV, large screen television
- Undercover Braai (BBQ) area
- Undercover lockable garage for 2 cars
- Children welcome
- Shower under the trees
- Private Splash pool with a safety net
- Wi-Fi available (A limit of 1G a day)
- Night security
- All Linen, Bath & Hand Towels are provided
- Hair dryers provided.
- Complimentary small bottle of Body wash and Body Lotion
- A house keeper - Rooms are serviced daily
- Laundry Service (wash and dry only Optional Ironing at R5 per item)
- Our tap water is safe to drink
What to bring:
- All your own food and beverages.
- Charcoal for a braai (BBQ)
- Wood for the fire area. We supply wood for the first night only. There is a fire area at the end of the garden overlooking the bush.
- Your own Flashlight (Torch). We do have candles scattered around in case the electricity goes out.
- Your own swimming gear. A swimming pool is located off the chumbi patio, it is unfenced, but has a pool net
- Mosquito repellent, and sun screen, especially in the summer months
- Walking Shoes, a fishing rod and bicycles if you are into that sort of thing.
- Great books and a sketch book if this is more your scene.
- Beautiful walks on the property, general game on the property (no big 5).
- 10km from False Bay Nature reserve for beautiful walks, and fishing
- 20km from Hluhluwe Village for shopping requirements.
- 40km from the Big 5 Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve. Self-drive, or do a guided tour.
- 80km from Sodwana Bay Beach, a divers, snorkelers and fishing paradise.
- 80km from St. Lucia town for a boat cruise
- Horse riding, Reptile parks, Wild cat encounters all available in the area
• Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival: No Charge
• Cancellation 15 to 28 days before date of arrival: 100% of 1st night’s stay
• Cancellation 8 to 14 days before date of arrival: 100% of deposit paid.
• Cancellation 0 to 7 days before arrival or premature departure: 100% of full booking amount. This also applies to non-arrival or late arrivals.
Please be aware that there will be no refund for situations we have no control over this includes acts of God, civil unrest, personal emergencies, or infrastructural lapses. No exceptions. Please make sure you have personal travel insurance to cover this.