Chumbi Bush House
is the perfect place to be at your most peaceful self, relax, get away from it all, write a book, be an artist, go for a walk, or simply watch the world go by.
A Self-catering Family holiday home set within a private nature reserve, with bush as far as the eye can see. It is within an easy drive proximity to False Bay within the St Lucia World Heritage site, Sodwana Bay and Hluhluwe National Park.
Relax in the comfort of this award-winning Home. Laze on the veranda and experience nature and wildlife at its pristine best. A wonderful place to just relax, or go for walks on our 40ha property. The greater Farm is home to Nyala, Impala, reedbuck, red and common duiker, suni, warthog, monkeys, leopard and others. Delight in the abundance wildlife and exquisite birdlife. Star-gaze at the night sky or thaw your soul by a flickering fire. Prepare yourself delicious meals in our well-equipped kitchen and enjoy a chin-wag eating outside on the beautiful patio, or laze around an afternoon braai (bbq).
Chumbi Bush House accommodation:
Chumbi Bush House is large and spacious, accommodating 7 people in 3 bedrooms, and offers complete privacy. It has a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering as well as a beautiful patio braai area.
All rooms have ceiling fans, the 2 larger rooms have Air-con. The rooms open onto a large deck with gorgeous views of the indigenous garden and Zululand bush.
- The main bedroom Sleeps 3. It has a king-size bed, and a single bed. The room is Air-conditioned. There is a bathroom en-suite with a bath, shower and an outside shower
- The 2nd bedroom has twin beds, (can be made into a king), Air-conditioner, and is Shower en-suite.
- The 3rd bedroom has 2 single beds, with a shower across the passage.
Facilities and Features of Chumbi Bush House:
- Fully equipped kitchen for your self-catering needs
- Large Spacious veranda
- Full DSTV, large screen TV
- Undercover Braai (BBQ) area
- Undercover lockable garage for 2 cars
- Children welcome
- Shower under the trees
- Wi-Fi available (A limit of 1G a day)
- Night security
- All Linen, Bath & Hand Towels are provided
- Hair dryers provided.
- Complimentary small bottle of Body wash and Body Lotion
- A house keeper - Rooms are serviced daily
- Laundry Service (wash and dry only – Optional Ironing at R5 per item)
- Our tap water is safe to drink
What to bring:
- All your own food and beverages.
- Charcoal for a braai (BBQ)
- Wood for the fire area. We supply wood for the first night only. There is a fire area at the end of the garden overlooking the bush.
- Your own Flashlight (Torch). We do have candles scattered around in case the electricity goes out.
- Your own swimming gear. A swimming pool is located at my home 100m from the guest house, which you are more than welcome to utilize. Pool towels are provided at Chumbi
- Mosquito repellent, and sun screen, especially in the summer months
- Walking Shoes, a fishing rod and bicycles if you are into that sort of thing.
- Great books and a sketch book if this is more your scene.
Chumbi Bush House Activities:
- Beautiful walks on the property, general game on the property (no big 5).
- 10km from False Bay Nature reserve for beautiful walks, and fishing
- 20km from Hluhluwe Village for shopping requirements.
- 40km from the Big 5 Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve. Self-drive, or do a guided tour.
- 80km from Sodwana Bay Beach, a diver’s, snorkeler’s and fishing paradise.
- 80km from St. Lucia town for a boat cruise
- Horse riding, Reptile parks, Wild cat encounters all available in the area
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
Summer rainfall area, with not normally more than 2 days of rain at a time. Afternoon thunder showers. January, February and March are hottest months with days being in the 30's and 40's (Celsius).
Winter is mild, with no frost. Days are warm in the 20's, nights can get cold. We have very little rain in winter. July, August and September are our coolest months. Lovely for game viewing and walking.
Words cant describe it, pictures don't do it justice. Initialy had booked the house for 3 nights but extended by 1 more night. We loved everything about the house, very clean. Thank you to all that made our stay comfortable, for the hospitality. Thank you to Thandi, Rubin (night gaurd)...and thank you so much Keren for a memorable vacation. We wish Chumbi House lots of success in the future.
Very nice establishment. The house is situated in an peaceful and quiet private nature reserve with various wild animals (not big 5) roaming around. The house is modern, spacious, has a fully fitted kitchen and excellent braai facilities. It is very neat and tidy and is serviced daily. If you are looking for peace, quiet or tranquility this is the place to go to. I warmly recommend it.
Umkhumbi Lodge offers luxury accommodation in comfortable air-conditioned lodges, all nestled in the bush. Rooms are twin or double, with en-suite bathroom and private veranda.
Guest Rating: (1 review)
Aloe View Rock Lodge is a small Boutique Style Lodge offering intimate personlised service in the heart of Zululand, only minutes away from the Hluhluwe Game Reserve. All tastefully decorated rooms are en-suite with Air Con.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (20 reviews)
Enjoy nature at it's best at our intimate, exclusive 10 bed Safari lodge in environs of World Natural Heritage Site, with abundant wildlife and over 340 bird species. Close to big five Hluhluwe and Mkuze Game Reserves, cultural venues and Sodwana Bay.
Located 20km north of the little town of Hluhluwe, Amorello provides both an ideal hideaway for a relaxing break or active family getaway. Mountain biking, quad tours, 9 hole golf course with driving range, swimming pool, etc.
per person sharing
Zululand Lodge is a tented safari camp, offering en-suite accommodation on the private uKuwela wildlife conservancy, with beautiful views over the northern KwaZulu Natal bushveld.
per person sharing