Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast is managed by owner Elisabeth Durham, who is French and is dedicated to personal attention and a qualified tour guide.
Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast, meaning at home brings Japanese, Egyptian, Mauritian, Earl Grey, Cycad, African, Mali, Kenya, Madagascar and French to your door step. Our establishment truly lives up to its name with all the outstanding service and hospitality that will make you feel at home. This Bed and Breakfast took it upon itself to create rooms with each of the above mentioned themes instead of numbers. The home itself has a French finish and we are known for our famous French omelette and freshly baked croissants and homemade bread.
At Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast and Self Catering you will feel at home as our motto is: Our home is your home - Chez Nous Cest Chez Vous. Our great welcome and personal attention say it all.
We have 10 well appointed bedrooms all fully equipped to make your stay comfortable. Our great breakfast with our famous French omelette and home baked bread will certainly satisfy any appetite. You must please book in advance for you gourmet three course dinner.
What makes Chez Nous Unique?
- We speak French: lci nous parlons le Franais Elisabeth is a French South African.
- Tours to the battlefields by the hostess who is a fully qualified tour guide in French and English.
- Cultural tours in Zululand with French translation can be arranged.
- We have a pet friendly policy, if your favourite pet is dog and cat friendly and well behaved you may bring it with to Chez Nous (Please bring their own bedding and eating plates).
- We have an art exhibition in permanence as your hostess Elisabeth is an armature artist.
- Private dinner with made to measure menu can be organized for up to 25 persons without you being a resident of Chez Nous.
- Special tariffs for large groups will be negotiated when you book the entire Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast.
- Many species of birds have been photographed in our gardens, our pets make the joy of many children.
Accommodation at Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast:
We offer guests 10 well appointed modern and comfortable rooms.
The bed and breakfast units come with a small fringe, en-suite bathrooms, double or single beds, fans and heaters and DSTV. These units consist of four double bed rooms and one single room. Each bedroom has its own decor theme and a small fridge.
The self-catering units are safely and securely located on the Chez Nous premises. They have their own fully equipped kitchens, dining areas and showers / baths. The units also have secure parking space and are equipped with television and their own entertainment area. All the bedrooms in the self-catering units are equipped with fans, heaters, and mosquito repellents. Braai (Barbeque) facilities are also available.
- Your hostess is a fully qualified tour guide for the local battlefields; Isandlwana, Rorke's drift, Blood River and specializes in the Prince Imperial Napolon IV, who was killed just outside Nqutu.
- We will take you as the tourist on guided tours to the exact site. Elisabeth presents English and French tours as she is both English and French speaking.
- Dundee is named the heart of the battlefields as there are 68 battles and skirmish sites nearby.
- The Talana Museum is a must and will keep you busy for half a day.
- Zulu cultural tours must be arranged well in advance where you will be taken on a 4x4 and experience the genuine Zulu culture.
- Cancellations to be confirmed in writing.
- Cancellations 15-30 days prior to arrival - Full refund of deposit paid.
- Cancellations 6-14 days prior to arrival - Forfeit 25% of deposit paid.
- Cancellation 1-5 days prior to arrival - Forfeit 100% of deposit paid.
- In the event of a no show, 100% of the total booking value will be charged for.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Pets only by Arrangement
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - covered)
Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast is a Bed and Breakfast in Dundee KwaZulu-Natal South Africa