Cherry Tree Cottage
offers good value for money. It is comfortable, safe and secure, and centrally situated. The four, twin bed suites, can accommodate up to eight guests. Relax in the morning on a private patio, set in a peaceful garden. Enjoy a substantial, wholesome, continental breakfast with that special touch. Feel welcome, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay.
This tranquil B&B is situated in the Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg in Linden and is one of Johannesburg`s most cosmopolitan suburbs, and there is fast and easy access off the M1 motorway.
We have easy access to shops, entertainment, businesses, medical care and freeways and are conveniently close to most Conference Centres, Theatres, Art Galleries, Hospitals, and Universities. We are very close to Melville, Cresta, Randburg, Sandton, Hyde Park and Rosebank, Parktown, Parkhurst, Greenside and Parkview.
Linden boasts a covered/heated swimming pool, a Mashe golf course and ten pin bowling nearby, with Emmerentia Dam and Delta Park in the vicinity. Bright Water Common, the Sundome and Monte Casino provide a wide variety of entertainment with top restaurants and cinemas.
Cresta and Rosebank, the major shopping malls, and most sports clubs for golf, tennis, bowls and gyms are nearby.
We offer a "Meet and Greet" Service and Executive Transfers to and from the airport, and can assist with transport while staying with us, to places of interest in and around Johannesburg and to Sun City. We are ideally placed for you to do business in the city by day and enjoy country style comfort by night.
Facilities at Cherry Tree Cottage:
- Remote controlled gate access, safe & secure covered, off street parking.
- Suites have their own entrance and open onto a private patio and braai area in a secluded garden.
- Colour DSTV-Hotel Bouquet, Safe, FREE Wireless ADSL, well lit working space.
- Tea, Coffee facility and bar fridge. Mr Delivery Service.
- Substantial, wholesome continental Breakfast included.
- Laundry facilities and Serviced Daily.
- Heater and Electric Blanket supplied in winter. Hairdryer & iron on request.
- Twin beds can be converted into a comfortable king size bed when required.
Breakfast at Cherry Tree Cottage:
Breakfast is included in the rate offered. A substantial, wholesome, buffet continental breakfast is available in the dining room comprising fruit in season, juice, yoghurt, cereals, boiled eggs, and one of the following,-
muffins, or croissants, or pancakes or scones or hot cross buns with a variety of preserves and tea or coffee. Croissants are usually served with cheese and ham, and we now offer french toast, scrambled or fried eggs. But we do not offer everything on the same day. We rotate them to give more variety through the week.
Supper at Cherry Tree Cottage:
In the evening you are welcome to make use of the dining room facilities and to warm up pre-prepared meals in the microwave if you prefer or order from Mr Delivery. There are no cooking facilities. There are 4 restaurants nearby in Linden if you want to eat out. Viz-Satori, Bikaner, Piccolo, A la Bouffe. The Argentinian Bakery and Whippet are early morning venues, whilst High Tea at Crafters & Cravings and Paputzis & the Cheese Cafe are lunch rendevous. Parkhurst and Greenside and Emmerentia, Melville and Rosebank,- the "Gourmet Mile of Johannesburg" and the Cresta Mall and Brightwater Common are all close by. There is a Spar nearby and a Woolworths and Pick and Pay a little further away.
Accommodation at Cherry Tree Cottage:
Each suite is equipped with tea/coffee facilities and a fridge.
Room 1 – Imvula (rain):
Garden Suite with shower en-suite (King size bed or twin beds). Wake up to the sounds of birds or the smell of a freshly brewed coffee. Stunning interior and tranquil ambiance.
Room 2 – Umoyo (soul):
Executive Suite with shower en-suite (King size bed or twin beds). Relax in Afro-centric style, surrounded by peace and tranquility. A place to unwind and be renewed - a touch of heaven and earth.
Room 3 – Inhlabathi (earth):
Executive Suite / shower-bath en-suite (King size bed or twin beds). Tastefully decorated, a little style at affordable prices, comfort you would want from quality accommodation. Modern, large, airy and spacious.
Room 4 – Umlilo (fire):
Standard Suite with shower en-suite (King size bed or twin beds). Contemporary and individually decorated. Warm, bright and sunny, with spectacular Highveld summer evenings and sunsets to be enjoyed.
Room 5 – Umtombo (spring):
Executive Suite with shower en-suite (King size bed or twin beds). This suite, a real retreat, is quietly tucked away with its own private patio and entrance.
Cherry Tree Cottage Activities:
Cherry Tree Cottage has proved to be an ideal base from which to discover Egoli - City of Gold. While in Johannesburg you might like to do some of the following:
- Melville Koppies Iron Age site
- World Heritage Site, Cradle of Humankind (40 minute drive)
- Newtown Cultural Precinct (includes MuseumAfrica; Sci Bono Discovery Centre)
- Constitution Hill with the new Court, the Fort, and old prison buildings
- Rock Art Museum at Wits University
- Planetarium, Wits University
- Apartheid Museum (on the way to Soweto)
- Monte Casino, Fourways (with wonderful bird aviary)
- Gold Reef City
- Rosebank Roof Top Market (Sundays and Public Holidays only)
- Newtown Cultural Precinct (night life at Kippies, Turbine Hall, Electric workshop, Carfax; Market Theatre and Moyos Restaurant)
Some local activities/attractions to wet your appetite:
- Close to Melville, Cresta, Randburg, Parkhurst, Greenside, Parkview, Parktown, Rosebank, Hyde Park and Sandton.
- Linden boasts a covered/heated swimming pool, with Emmerentia Dam and Delta Park Nature Reserve in the vicinity.
- There are 6 restaurants nearby. Angelo's Deli, Satori, Bikaner, Piccolo, A la Bouffe,and STIRS.
- The "Gourmet Mile of Johannesburg" - Parkhurst and Greenside, Melville and Rosebank is close by.
- The Brightwater Common & Monte Casino provide a wide variety of entertainment. With top restaurants & cinemas & major shopping malls at Cresta and Rosebank nearby.
- Sandton City & Mandela Square, The Gautrain and all the business and tourist facilities in Rosebank are nearby.
- Take time out to visit the Apartheid Museum & Gold Reef City Theme park, Constitution Hill, the Origins Centre, Maropeng, Lesedi Cutural Village.
- Further afield is the Sun City, Lost City and Valley of the waves and Pilansberg Nature Reserve.
- We are centrally situated for St Augustines, RAU, University of Johannesburg and WITS University.
- The Eye Clinic in Beyers Naude Drive, MTN, Rhema, Randburg, MNet are close.
- An ideal retreat & convenient for all hospitals whether it be: the Donald Gordon Medical Centre; or the Netcare facilities at the Garden City, Milpark, Parklane or Rosebank Clinics; or the Medi-Clinic Hospitals at Sandton; or the Afrox Healthcare units at the Flora or Brenthurst Clinics.
- We're close to Hackle Brooke, Glenhove Conference Centre, Sandton Convention Centre, Coca Cola Dome and further to Expo Centre at NASREC, Gallagher Convention Centre.
- We are a stones throw away from some of the best golf courses in Johannesburg; Wanderers, Randpark, Parkview, Bryanston Country Club, Houghton, Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club.
Click to display the map