The perfect balance of Luxury, privacy and Location - Castello Di Monte will magically transport you to another era, when life was lived with effortless grace.
Situated on the hillside, its tall walls and massive rustic copper gates open to allow you to step into a taste of Tuscany, reminiscent of an old 16th century Italian farmers Villa. Shrouded by a beautiful garden with lavender bushes and olive trees in the front and lemon trees with a trellised garden at the back, the stucco plaster Villa transports one to another place in time. If you linger on the terrace, the sweeping views of Pretoria will snatch your breath away.
At Castello, you are our welcomed, honoured guest. Once inside, the spiral staircase, with its granite steps and rusted copper rail, catches your eye and encourages you to look upward, emphasizing the sheer height of the interior.
Enjoy elegance, tranquillity and grace - If luxury is in the detail, Castello Di Monte flies on the wings of excellence. Your special function at Castello Di Monte, whether you are attending; a business meeting, conference or a small intimate wedding (exclusive use of villa compulsory with only 20 guests maximum), it will be a truly unforgettable experience.
The landscaped garden with terraces and running water troughs lends itself to a visual feast – the perfect backdrop for a perfect occasion. The formal lounge with its high fire place, dark wooden bookcase and works of art welcome you inside. Enter the main dining room with painted ceiling reminiscent of the Sistine chapel and pause for a while with family or friends to enjoy the fine cuisine, lovingly prepared by our resident chef who aims to delight the palate with his creations.
For a special occasion, enjoy a unique dining experience on the Panoramic deck on the top floor of the Villa as you take in the 360° view of panoramic Pretoria.
Accommodation at Castello Di Monte:
Bygone grace and modern convenience are seamless companions - For bedtime comfort you are spoilt for choice. Which of the nine luxuriously appointed and individually decorated rooms will you choose?
Will it be:
- The presidential suite, complete with gas fireplace and four-poster: or
- The honeymoon suite with hand-painted murals and Jacuzzi-Bath: or
- A freshly made-up classic bedroom some with private balcony’s, fit for royalty?
Sixteenth century splendour is enhanced by every modern amenity. Castello Di Monte boasts Jacuzzi and jet showers and well-proportioned en-suites. Your comfort is enhanced with DSTV/Cable, minibar, under floor heating, air-conditioning, in-room safe, wireless and of course, tea / coffee making facilities.
Castello Di Monte is a place like no other and offers a truly unforgettable experience to all who enter its gates.
Nine luxurious appointed and individually decorated en suite rooms consisting of:
- 1 Presidential Suite - 2 separate bathrooms, gas fire place and views over Pretoria
- 1 Honeymoon Site - bathroom with hand painted mural and Jacuzzi-batch, oval bath and separate toilet and shower
- 4 Classic Rooms - some rooms with double beds and some rooms has king beds that can be made into Twins
- 3 Terrace Rooms- each with own balcony
Room Features the following:
- Flat Screen television with individually controlled Satellite television
- Remote controlled air-conditioning
- Underfloor heating
- Full stocked Mini Bar (chargeable)
- Free Wi-fi
- Personal Safe
- Direct Dial Telephone
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee making facilities
Massages can be arranged with off-site therapists to do massages in the privacy of your room at additional cost - book 48 hours in advance.
Our Panoramic deck offers 360 degree views over Pretoria - ideal for sun-downers of romantic Dinners.
- All rates quoted in South African rand and are per room per night.
- Should the prevailing rate change or another tax levy be introduced during the duration of the contract, Castello di Monte reserves the right to amend the quoted rates accordingly, without prior notification.
- Check in time is from 14HOO and rooms should be vacated by 11HOO on date of departure.
- Early arrivals, late departures and day use rooms should be confirmed prior to check-in, subject to availability and may carry a surcharge. The rate will be negotiated on the day.
- Castello di Monte does not accept children under the age of 4 unless exclusive use of the entire Villa is booked.
- All children will stay in their own room. 3rd adult sharing a room is not allowed.
- A no-show fee of one night’s accommodation will be charged for no shows and guaranteed reservations less than 7 days forfeit the full accommodation account. From 7 to 14 days forfeit 75%, 14 to 21 days forfeit 50% and from 21 to 28 days forfeit 25% of the accommodation account.
- Amendments to a reservation involving a change to the arrival or departure dates are considered to be cancellations.
- Cheques are not accepted unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
Directions to Castello Di Monte from Brooklyn. Travelling from the Brooklyn Circle, take “Middle Street” towards the Fountain Circle. Turn LEFT in “Queen Wilhelmina”. This becomes “Rigel Avenue”. Continue on Rigel Ave, turn LEFT at a traffic circle into “Aries street”, Castello is nr 402 Aries Street on your left.
Directions to Castello Di Monte from Pretoria East/N4 Travel from Pretoria East/N4 in “Pretorius Street”. Turn LEFT in “Duncan Street” and follow to a big traffic circle. Enter circle at 6 o’clock, exit at 2 o’clock into “Middle street”. Turn LEFT in “Queen Wilhelmina”. This becomes “Rigel Avenue”. Continue on Rigel Ave, turn LEFT at a traffic circle into “Aries street”, Castello is nr 402 Aries Street on your left.
Directions From OR Tambo Airport Exit the Airport and follow the “R21” towards Pretoria. After about 45km take the “N1 north” split towards Polokwane / Pietersburg. Continue on the N1 north; take the first off ramp on the left “Rigel / Delmas”. Turn left at the traffic light, into Rigel Ave. Follow Rigel Ave for about 5km. Turn right into Aries street. Go down Aries street to nr 402 on the left.