This Relais & Chateaux lodge is an oasis of luxury in a breathtaking landscape of savage untamed beauty, 270 kilometres from Cape Town. The all inclusive stay offers exceptional value and the ultimate wilderness and wellness experience.
A malaria and predator free sanctuary to endangered species of wildlife and flora, with over 130 Bushman rock art sites and one of South Africa’s Natural Heritage Sites.
Exquisite botanical gardens, crystal pools and rolling lawns provide a gentle transition between your elegant suite and the dramatic rocky landscape beyond.
Luxury accommodation provided at the Main Lodge or Koro Lodge - an existing farmhouse.
The Main Lodge provides luxury accommodation for a maximum of 32 guests in 16 rooms on the 7500-hectare private wildlife and fynbos reserve.
* The Homestead with gourmet restaurant and dining terrace, book & DVD Library, lounge, TV lounge, bar and wine cellar
* Manor House reception, bar and wooden deck under ancient Ficus Trees
* Trading Post gift shop
* Heritage Centre & Rudner Collection (Bushman artefacts)
* Conference venue, fully equipped for up to 32 delegates
* The Spa
* Outdoor dual massage area
* Fitness Centre
* 4 Outdoor swimming pools, including one heated pool
Koro Lodge has been completely renovated and transformed into an spectacular intimate villa, surrounded by open vistas of wilderness and wildlife, joining ultimate luxury with nature.
It boasts every amenity for both adults and children, from a fully equipped kitchen and bar, flat screen TV’s, independent cable channels, DVD players, music, games, air conditioning, underfloor heating and wi-fi.
The two sun filled master bedrooms with private terraces, uninterrupted views, have en-suite bathrooms. A cleverly designed loft area, upstairs from the main living area, comfortably sleeps 4 children of all ages
The award-winning menus and wine cellar are in keeping with the Lodges status as a Relais & Chateaux establishment. Just-picked fresh fruit and vegetables from the Lodges organic garden are a healthy enhancement to every meal.
* Homestead: restaurant and dining terrace
* Makana: sheltered alfresco dining
* River Boma: fireside pre-dinner drinks and night caps under starry skies on the waters edge
* Manor House Deck: private dining under the Ficus trees
* Embers: barbeque and campfire dining in the reserve
* Kadoro: secluded private dining
We offer the ultimate in relaxation and pampering, so why not book yourself an indulgent treatment at The Spa? Our professional therapists offer a selection of signature massage, body and skin treatments.
* internet and business facilities
* Valet undercover parking
* Room service
* Complimentary wireless internet access available throughout the main lodge. (Note: No mobile phone reception in the area)
- Minimum 2 night stay on weekends (Friday and Saturday)
- Minimum 3 night stay during peak / festive season
- Lunch is not included on day of arrival or departure
- Children 10 years old and older are welcome at full adult rate
- No pets allowed
Daily guided rock art excursions, botanical tours, game viewing and sunset game drives in open game viewing vehicles with refreshments.
Bird watching, nature trails, mountain hikes, river walks, canoeiing and swimming in crystal clear natural rock pools.
Fly-fishing at the main dam.
Archery or croquet on the lawns.
it is a perfect retreat for painting, writing, photography, reading in the library or watching wildlife DVDs.
In the Heritage Centre, there is a collection of San artefacts, and this is where the rangers hold specialised talks on interesting aspects of the reserve and the Cederberg Wilderness Area.
For guests who are indulging in a longer stay, there is plenty to see and do outside the Lodge gates. As optional extras, half and full day excursions can be organised to interesting places in the Cederberg area.
From Cape Town follow the N7 towards Malmesbury, Moorreesburg, Piketberg and Citrusdal onto Clanwilliam.
Entering the town, a petrol station is located on the left hand side of the road (NB: fill up if petrol is required) and continue straight on the R364 towards Wupperthal and Calvinia and cross a bridge to reach a gravel road.
Continue on the gravel road for about 39kms, over the Pakhuis Pass to the Bushmans Kloof entrance.
- Check in on day of arrival is at 14h00
- Check out on day of departure is at 12h00
- Lodge main gate closes at 17h00
Children 10 years old and older are welcome at full adult rate. No children under 8 years allowed.