Botha House is situated less then one hours drive South of Durban.
Caressed by the ocean breezes that frequent our KwaZulu-Natal coastline, this luxury guesthouse sits proudly above the warm Indian Ocean, the sound of the waves crashing on the Umdoni Point rocks below. The small coastal village of Pennington is where you`ll find this stately home, originally built for the first Prime Minister of the Union of South Africa, General Louis Botha in 1920.
Consisting of 9 double bedrooms, each tastefully and comfortably decorated and all with their own en-suite bathrooms, the house caters for up to 18 guests on a bed and breakfast basis. Authentic Teak furniture, Oregon pine floors and elegant finishes allow you, the guest, to relax and unwind in absolute comfort.
Sumptuous breakfasts, as well as dinners on request are served from our grand dining room or sun filled terrace.
With its relaxed atmosphere and country charm, find yourself ideally positioned to enjoy the full South Coast experience. Botha House offers fantastic golf, hiking, diving, deep-sea fishing and birding opportunities all within a short walk or drive.
For the discerning golfer, pack the golf clubs and tee-off on the picturesque Umdoni Park Golf Course or the well-known Selborne Country Club, both merely a well struck drive from our entrance.
For the not so adventurous, visitors can enjoy peaceful nature walks through the lush coastal forest, sultry sundowner strolls along our pristine beaches or merely a lazy day spent lounging lounging by the pool.
- From King Shaka International Airport Durban to Pennington it is about 100km
- Take N2 South from Durban towards Port Shepstone for about 90km
- Take exit 104 Park Rynie / Pennington
- Turn left onto R612 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 1km until traffic lights, then turn right onto R102 towards Pennington
- After approx. 8.5km turn left into Pennington Drive
- After approx. 700m turn right into Minerva Avenue (look out for Umdoni Course Golf sign)
- Continue straight, the road becomes Don Knight Ave, through the security gate onto the gravel road
- At the top of the raise, turn left towards the gate of Botha House
Directions from Wild Coast or Port Shepstone on the N2
- Take exit 93 (Esperenza / Sezela)
- Turn right onto R102 at the top of the off ramp
- Continue for about 5km, then turn right into Pennington Drive and follow directions as above.
Our rooms offer king and queen size beds with panoramic views and ocean vistas.
Two Luxury Suites include huge bedrooms, spacious bathrooms with Ball & Claw baths, a balcony with uninterrupted sea views, couches and a coffee table and ample cupboard space...perfect for those travellers looking to enjoy a more lengthy stay.
Two Standard Suites include generous bedrooms, large bathrooms , sea and garden views as well as suitable cupboard space...ideal for that weekend getaway or romantic night's stay.
Two Courtyard Rooms and three Garden Rooms offer affordable accommodation to those seeking an equally unforgettable experience. Cosy bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms and with most of the amenities of the other suites, these rooms offer scenic courtyard, garden and forest views.