Bonamanzi Game Reserve, safari lodge and natural heritage site is one of the largest private wildlife and birding parks in Zululand.
With over 4000 hectares of pristine African bush to explore, each day is different - whether on a game viewing safari, sighting rare African birds ortracking elephants.
With its unique location next to the World Heritage Site of Lake St Lucia and three different eco-systems stretching over 4000 hectares, Bonamanzi offers visitors the opportunity to get a real feel for the African bush.
Bonamanzi Game Reserve has a variety of accommodation options to choose from - from fully catered accommodation to self catering tree houses.
Exclusive Dinizulu Lodge (Self Catering)
Located off the beaten track, this luxury air-conditioned self-catering unit offers accommodation for six people in three separate thatched huts with en suite bathrooms.
The luxury living area with satellite television, a built in pub, a fully equipped modern kitchen and an entertainment deck with built in braai area. The sparkling pool provides relief during the long summer days.
The Lodge operates on a self catering basis, but for guests wishing to relax, catering can be organised at the lodge, or guests may enjoy meals at the Esbayeni Bush Kitchen at Lalapanzi Camp.
Lalapanzi Camp at Bonamanzi Game Reserve:
At Lalapanzi its quite common to find a herd of impala sleeping outside your cottages and skittish warthog families amble around the camps all day long. Guests can watch birds and crocs from a wonderfully relaxing viewing lounge built over the dam.
Lalapanzi can accommodate 76 guests in air-conditioned en-suite Chalets and combo units with private verandas. There is an Out of Africa style restaurant and pub or the option of a bush braai (barbeque) by candlelight served at the waters edge with the sounds of nocturnal animals all around.
Tree Houses and Lodges at Bonamanzi Game Reserve: (Self Catering)
Enjoy the adventure of sleeping in a tree house. Nothing beats being lulled by nature waking to birdsong or watching bush babies scuttling in the trees at night.
Bonamanzi offers 2 and 4 bedded air-conditioned tree houses complete with en-suite bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, barbecue area and verandas.
Friends and family groups can book the totally private Game Lodge with its own pool or Tree Lodge with its spectacular views over False Bay.
These lodges are fully self-contained with their own dining and entertainment area, fully equipped kitchen and air-conditioned accommodation for 6 and 8 people.
Newlyweds or couples wanting to re-connect, can book a romantic luxury tree house built into the forest. Enjoy the privacy and convenience of laid on meals and guided activities.
Health and Climate:
Bonamanzi Game Reserve is located in a low-risk malaria area. All rooms have been provided with a mosquito plug and mosquito mats.
Malaria precautions are necessary.
Bonamanzi Game Reserve offers the following activities:
- Mountain Bike Forest Trails - a different type of game viewing experience.
- Guided Walks - At Bonamanzi, no guided walk is the same.
- Muthi Walks - "Muthi" is the Zulu word for medicine.
- Game Drives - in open landrovers are offered at sunrise and sunset and at other times throughout the day.
- Birding Walks - Bonamanzi is consistently rated one of the top birding sites in South Africa.
- Boat Cruises - One of our most popular activities is our boat birding cruise.
- Explore Lake St Lucia - Guests can enjoy guided walks out onto the floodplains leading into Lake St Lucia.
- Bonamanzi Bush Braai - Do make a point of booking for the Bonamanzi Bush Braai during your stay.
- More than 91 days prior to arrival - 100 % refund
- 61 to 90 days prior to arrival - 70% refund
- 31 to 60 days prior to arrival - 50% refund
- 15 to 30 days prior to arrival - 25% refund
- 14 days prior to arrival - no refund
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - open)
Tourism Information Desk
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV
Hiking / Walking Trails
Bonamanzi Game Reserve is a Self-Catering, Game Lodge and Hotel in Hluhluwe KwaZulu-Natal South Africa