Nestled in the Kouga Mountain range, Bo Kouga Mountain Retreat
provides the ultimate getaway from the chaos of modern city living.
Here on this 300 hectare mountain retreat you can explore nature at its best. Your stay promises laid back days of tranquility amidst fauna, flora and starlit nights.
Here you will find dramatic landscape, sensational panoramic mountain views and cool streams. Nature lovers will love Bo Kouga Mountain Retreat where birds fly in abandon, wild flowers carpet the countryside and the occasional leopards roam the mountain ravines.
We offer peace and quiet where you can set your own pace. Swim, walk, hike, or just laze around your cottage, the choice is yours. A third of the farm is unexplored mountains, which is ideal for hiking and discovering other vegetation and streams.
A wonderful experience is the excellent 45 minute walk though the Game Camp (with Springbok, Eland and Zebra) to the secluded permanent Waterfall where you can enjoy your own picnic, swim and relax surrounded by nature.
The farm buildings and accommodation have been extensively renovated. The interiors are well appointed with your utmost comfort in mind. Some of the out buildings date back to the 1860’s including two of the four cottages. We are ideally situated between the Garden Route, R62 and the Baviaanskloof. A country vacation at its best.
Accommodation at Bo Kouga Mountain Retreat: Main House:
The house was purposefully built for its location and view of both the mountain range and valley view. The house accommodates 8 people and is ideal for people looking for the tranquil farm environment but with a few of the "at home" luxuries.
This free standing Cottage dating back to the 1860`s, is stylishly renovated and decorated. It is ideal for 4 guests but can sleep 5.
The main bedroom is fitted with an antique double bed and an antique wardrobe. The second bedroom is fitted with two single beds also with an antique wardrobe. Both rooms beds are fitted with good quality bedding and matresses. The third bed (single) is situated in the lounge area.
This is the pet friendly cottage at Bo Kouga Mountain Retreat. It sleeps four people in two bedrooms.
The main bedroom is fitted with a built in bed with a dressing table. The second bedroom has two single beds and all the beds are fitted with good quality bedding and matresses. In the lounge area there is a single bed and a sleeper couch. The bathroom has a shower, wash basin and toilet.
A newly built stylish cottage awaits you. It is ideal for 2 guests but can sleep 3.
The bedroom is fitted with a queen sized bed with good quality bedding and mattress, a built-in wardrobe and heater for your convenience and comfort. A sleeper couch for a third guest is situated in the lounge.
The bathroom has a bath, shower, wash basin and toilet.
This is the largest of the cottages with two bathrooms (one en-suite), two bedrooms. One with a queen size bed and the other with two single beds.
The unit is equipped with with a automatic washing machine, dishwasher, stove, fridge and patio with braai facilities. There is a open plan lounge and dining room.
Bo Kouga Mountain Retreat Activities:
- Situated in a magnificent scenic mountain area. For your enjoyment there is a gorgeous mountain road where you can hike, walk, Mountain Biking or use your own quad bike (silenced bikes only).
- Swim in the cool mountain pools, waterfall or dams. For the bird lovers there are some amazing species to be seen. Home to the black eagle and our national bird the blue crane are frequently spotted here.
- Occasionally we enjoy some winter snowfalls sending icy cold weather up north. Located in the Western Cape we enjoy winter rainfalls and much of the Cape weather. Summers are warm to hot with mostly cool evenings.
- Bo Kouga is the ideal getaway should you wish to get away from it all. Relax, breathe and find yourself again. A great place to just sit and reflect on life, meditate and be at one with nature.
- At Bo Kouga we encourage you to enjoy the peacefulness and beauty that surrounds you. We respect your privacy at all times.
Click to display the map
Clothing & Accessories:
Good walking shoes a necessisty and a torch would be important.
Health & Climate:
Cottage 3 is the Pet Friendly unit and if you are allergic please select one of the other cottages.