If you’re keen to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation, Blyde River Wilderness Lodge
is the place to go. The lodge is situated along the famous Panoramic Route of Blyde River Canyon near Hoedspruit and is less than an hour’s drive from the Kruger National Park (Orpen Gate).
Set on the banks of the tranquil Blyde River, this thatched lodge is every nature lover’s dream. A blend of contemporary, African decor complements the beauty of the lodge’s garden, which rests under the shade of majestic Jackelberry and Fig trees. Each beautifully appointed room has an en-suite bathroom, tea tray and mini bar. Scrumptious breakfasts are included and 3-course candlelight dinners under the stars are an optional extra. On chilly nights, guests can also enjoy the mesmerizing flames and warmth of a wood fire in our traditional African boma.
Enjoy lazy sundowners at the pool or a picnic on the lawn. Nyala roam freely on the lush, green grass and guests are often lucky enough to see hippos and crocodiles from the vantage point of their rooms. The lodge is situated on a private game reserve so guests can also enjoy lovely walks in the bush, where they may encounter Giraffe, Zebra, Ostrich, Nyala, Impala, Wildebeest, Bushbuck, Duiker, Steenbuck, Waterbuck, Bushpig and Warthog. The flora of the area attracts many amazing birds so this is a wonderful retreat for bird enthusiasts. Accommodation at Blyde River Wilderness Lodge: Luxury Rooms:
- Each sleeps 2 guests.
- Double/Twin bed with Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioner, En-Suite with shower, Tea/Coffee Facilities, Mini Bar, Relaxing patio over looking the Blyde river, Bed & Breakfast
- Spacious cottage leading out onto the tranquil Blyde River. Max 4 people, 2 extra children on request. 1 Double & 1 Twin room with Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioner, En suite bathroom, fully equipped kitchen. A mezzanine level has 2 single beds for children. King Fisher cottage:
- Luxury cottage leading out onto the tranquil Blyde River
Max 2 people extra child on request .
1 Double bed with en suite bathroom, Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioner
A single bed can be added for a child extra rate Rondavels:
- Small cute Rondavels leading out onto the tranquil Blyde River where Crocodiles and Hippos swim by.
1 Twin/Double bed with en suite bathroom and Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioner,
Tea/Coffee facilities and Mini bar
-A private self-catering house with 1 King with Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioner and 1 Twin bedroom both with en-suite bathrooms with . Fully equipped kitchen, lounge with Full DSTV and a dining area . Rock pool with braai area.House is 150m from main Lodge.
-50 metres from the tranquillity of Blyde River - Crocodiles, Hippos wallow. Cute, comfortable and affordable. The cottage has 1 Twin Room with Reverse Cycle Air-conditioner, En-suite Shower and a Lounge. All amenities of the lodge available. Max 2 guests.
Blyde River Wilderness Lodge Activities:
The following activities are available in the area:
- Kapama Cheetah Project
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehab Centre
- Swadini Reptile Park
- Blyde Dam
- Boat Cruise On The Blyde Dam
- Kruger National Park
- Beautiful Scenery – Panorama Route Incorporating the Three Rondawels, Gods Window, Bourkes Luck Potholes, Berlin Falls, Pinnacle, Lisbon Falls, Graskop And Pilgrims Rest
- Quad Biking
- Game Drives
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Elephant Rides
- Walking With The Wild At Tshukudu
Click to display the map
Blyde River Wilderness Lodge Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 2
From the minute we checked in to the minute we left, we had nothing but friendly greetings/smiles. Our room was clean, excellent and beautifully prepared. The food was excellent, with the steak that we had rating along with the very best. All in all a wonderful experience, and a great example of courteous and friendly staff.
Rating: Reviewed by Richard Bryant over a year ago
Excellent services and venue to spent some quality family time and take a break. We will definitely be back!
Rating: Reviewed by Yolanda Oosthuizen over a year ago