Come home to the most breathtaking view in Cape Town
We are situated on Merriman Road, a quiet, cull de sac, and the top-most road of Green Point, one of Cape Town`s most up-market residential areas, alongside the Signal Hill Nature Reserve, with its indigenous Bluegum trees, aloes and guinea fowl.
Signal Hill separates Green Point and the City Center. This is an ideal location for visitors to Cape Town, and after a quick, two minute drive and one can explore South Africa`s` Mother City
Enjoy a full one hundred and eighty degree view of the suburbs below, the Green Point Golfing Greens, to Table Bay, with its` working Harbour, the world famous V&A Waterfront, Aquarium and the Imax Theatre.
Looking left one sees the coastal suburb of Mouille Point with its` lighthouse and seaside promenade.
On clear days one can see waves breaking on the shoreline of Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent his long prison term. Across the bay, lies Bloubergstrand with the Tygerberg Hills in the background.
From our balcony, guests enjoy planning their route to the sights below. The Waterfront is just a close 5-minute drive away, 2 minutes to the City centre, 15 minutes to Cape Towns` famous Clifton beaches and the sandy, sunny beach at Camps Bay.
Table Mountain awaits you, just a short 10-minute drive away.
Mountain walks, swimming, relaxing, hiking, shopping, sightseeing, views, sundowners, boat trips, beaches, dining out, nightlife, museums, places of interest, tours, live music.
From the airport, N1 and N2 highways:
- Take the Waterfront exits till you reach the entrance to the City of Cape Town.
- The V&A Waterfront will be on your right.
- Cross over the traffic lights at COEN STEYTLER DRIVE .
- Proceed and cross over the traffic lights at HANS STRYDOM DRIVE, you are now on BUITENGRAGHT STREET.
- Cross over the traffic lights at SOMERSET ROAD.
- At the next traffic lights turn right into STRAND STREET.
- Proceed up the hill and cross over the traffic lights at CHIAPPINI STREET, you will have the view of the Harbour on your right.
- You are now on HIGH LEVEL ROAD.
- At the next traffic light at the top of this road, turn left into OCEAN VIEW DRIVE.
- At the second road turn left into MERRIMAN ROAD, it is a cul-de-sac and quite steep.
- Proceed up MERRIMAN ROAD around the corner and look out for no:13 BLUEGUM HILL and you have arrived!
We offer one lovely cosy small single bedroom, with a shower only bathroom and a great view as well as five lovely double or twin bedded bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms with showers and baths.
All our rooms are tastefully decorated, well equipped with hairdryers, wall safes, heaters, cotton blankets, radio-alarm clocks, pool towels and other practicalities. Most have views and all are en-suite with their own bathrooms.
The house is warm and welcoming and the lounge area with TV and M-Net, is a cosy, communal space where you can relax after an exciting day sightseeing, and meet other guests from all over the world, who are also enjoying the wonders of Cape Town.
Let us help you pick a good restaurant from our recommendations for a sumptuous evening meal, or stay in and eat at "home" with Cape Town's great delivery service, "Mr. Delivery".