Bhangazi Lodge in St Lucia, is located at the gateway to the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park, the first world heritage site in South Africa. Offering an enclosed courtyard with an outdoor pool, Bhangazi Lodge is a four star bed and breakfast establishment providing guest with a true taste of African. The bedrooms are named after African animals and each is equipped with a seating area overlooking the pool or a garden view, en-suite shower & toilet, TV and tea-and-coffee making facilities all rooms have air-conditioners. The main area has a large collection of African arts and crafts. There is a shared lounge with ample seating where guest can relax. Start your day with a buffet of cold meats, cheese, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt followed by a cooked breakfast. The property offers free WiFi and secure parking. We can assist you in booking tours in and around St Lucia including hippo & croc boat cruise, game drives, snorkelling, bird watching, whale watching - seasonal - Turtle tour - seasonal - Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve can be reached within 1 hour by car. Also available at no extra charge are beach towels, snorkels and cooler boxes. Local restaurants are within walking distance.
Facilities & Services:
- Laundry Service
- Dining room
- Internet Access
- Parking (off-street - open)
- Communal Television
- Swimming Pool
- Communal Satellite TV
We offer double/twin rooms with a en-suite shower and toilet. Each room has aircon, tv and coffee and tea making facilities.
Bhangazi Lodge Activities:
iSimangaliso Wetland Park is considered as one of Africa`s greatest coastal parks. There are many activities in and around St Lucia including:
- Hippo/Croc boat cruise on the St. Lucia Estuary: 2 hours.
- Whale watching: approx. 3 hours.
- Big Five Safari within the Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve: whole day guided Tour;
- Night Safari within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park: from 20:00 p.m. - 23:00 p.m.
- Visit an authentic Zulu village just outside St. Lucia including visiting a school, a crèche, a Zulu doctor etc.: guided Tour, in the morning: e.g. 09:30 a.m., duration: approx. 3 hours.
- Kayaking on the St. Lucia Estuary: approx. 2 hours
- Deep-sea fishing trips: approx. 7 hours
- Bird watching, guided walk: approx. 3 hours
- Horse back riding e.g. on the beach.
- Snorkelling at Cape Vidal, 32 km away from St. Lucia, e.g. Self drive.
- Walk on beaches
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean.
- Scuba diving in Sodwana Bay.
Click to display the map
Health & Climate:
St. Lucia is a non malaria area, subtropical climate with warm winters and hot summers.
Bhangazi Lodge Guest Reviews
Average Guest Rating:
out of 5
based on 4
We visited last year and returned to find new Owners who went out of their way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible!! Very clean,comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast selection. We would definitely recommend the Lodge to anyone visiting St Lucia!!
Rating: Reviewed by Heather Stoner on 5 February 2019
We had very clean, frendly,comfortable and pleasant stay in Bhangazi lodge.
Rating: Reviewed by ANKA BRKOVIC over a year ago
A Perfect get away place! In the middle of the Bush. A fully equipped tented Lodge.
Rating: Reviewed by Judith Schenk over a year ago
A clean and tidy B&B. Bathroom small but adequate. Food good and plenty of it. Parking a bit restricted. Only problem, a lot of chipped crockery.
Rating: Reviewed by Terry Williams over a year ago