- Dundee is central to all the battlefields of the Anglo- Zulu wars as well as most of the battles of the Anglo-boer war of 1899.
- We have historical buildings and museums in our area that are worth visiting. Most of these are within one and a half hours drive and less away from us.
From Gauteng: (4 hours)
- Take the N3 to Durban. Take the R103 Villiers offramp (just before the Wilge Toll Plaza). Turn left to Cornelia/Vrede on the R103.
- Travel 66 km, then turn left to Vrede/Newcastle on the R34 Travel 21 km, just before Vrede, turn right (still on the R34) to Memel Stay on the R34 past Memel to Newcastle.
- Go through Newcastle and turn right on the N11 to Ladysmith. After 16 km, turn left to Dannhauser (R621).
- At Dannhauser, turn left again to Dundee (there is a Shell service station directly across the road). Continue through Hattingspruit.
- At the T-Junction, turn left to Dundee. In Dundee, turn left into Union Street at the first set of traffic lights.
- Continue approximately 1.5 km and turn left into Browing Street Approximately 800 meters further Bergview Guest House is on your right.