Berghouse and Cottages is set in the foothills of the Northern Drakensberg Mountains, facing the world renown Amphitheater Mountain, with mountain views of the entire Central and Northern Drakensberg mountain spires. This 540Ha estate is family owned and operated.
We offer accommodation in country cottages with mountain views where you can relax and enjoy
nature. Dinner, bed and Breakfast, Bed and Breakfast or self-catering is offered. Our kitchen offers delicious, hearty home-cooked dishes.
If you have booked the self catering option and require a dinner and /breakfast ,please book the meal a day in advance.
The cottages do not have television. All cottages have WIFI. Situated midway between Johannesburg and Durban, approximately 3 hours away on either side. We have a 3 km unpaved road up to the establishment.
Log fireplaces can be found in all the cottages, firewood is provided at a small fee.
Numerous activities are offered on site, such as, horseback riding with a guide, top mountain bike single track trails, trail running, hiking, fishing in dams and river, and bird watching. 9 hole golf course next door and the Royal Natal National Park 16 km’s away with excellent hiking trails.
- If cancelling 7 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total.
- If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- Cardholder & ID/Passport must be present at check-in.
- Credit card used for the online payment must be present at check-in.
- If you have booked the meal option, please notify us if you have any specific dietary requirements.
- The first bundle of firewood provided is free. Extra wood is R25/bundle.
- Your key will be in the door of your cottage.
- When you arrive at the main black gate at the end of the 3 km gravel road, please buzz us and we will direct you straight to your cottage.
- Cancellations 30 days prior to arrival are non-refundable.