Arguably the most striking geological feature along the South African Garden Route are the The Heads in Knysna, these sandstone headlands flank the deep and sometimes treacherous channel which floods the Knysna lagoon.
It is against the Eastern head at the mouth to the Indian Ocean, that Beacon House has been created, featuring 4 ultra spacious and luxurious apartments. It boasts views both across the lagoon and out to sea.
Featuring state of the art living luxuries, the apartments encourage maximum self catering flexibility, allowing guests the option of dining in, or visiting one of the many nearby restaurants at and around the heads.
In addition to the contemporary living areas, each apartment features 3 spacious bedrooms.
Beacon House is situated within walking distance of the lagoon, a restaurant and a coffee bar and offers ample parking for visitors. Beacon House is the ideal base from which to explore the wonders that characterise this spectacular Garden Route town.
Accommodation at Beacon House:
Each Luxury Apartment features:
* 3 bedrooms
* 2 Bathrooms, main en suite.
* Fully equipped gourmet kitchens with fridge, freezer, gas and electric hob, oven and microwave.
* Scullery with dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
* Air conditioning and underfloor heating
* Gas fireplace
* Remote controlled HD televisions with the full bouquet of DSTV channels and PVR recorder
* DVD players, Hairdryers
* Electronic safes
* Spacious sun decks with patio furniture. Sun loungers and Weber braai (barbeque)
* Free internet access in foyer
* All inclusions in standard suites and;
* Self Catering or Bed and Breakfast
* Full served
Health and Climate:
Knysna has a geographical climate similar to typically Mediterranean Maritime climate. The summers are hot and the winters mild to chilly.
During the summer, the average maximum temperature reaches about 25 degree C and rarely goes above 30 degree C. The average maximum temperature during the winter months ranges in the area of 16 degree C to 17 degree C.
The rainfall in Knysna is one of the richest rainfall percentages in South Africa with the wettest time of the year being between October and December.
The sports enthusiast is able to participate in fishing, sailing, yachting, water-skiing, kayaking or windsurfing. Ferries make frequent trips around the lagoon and as sunset turns the water into a shimmering masterpiece it is the perfect time to enjoy a relaxing sundowner.
For the more adventurous, various charter options are available for deep-sea fishing and/or whale-watching trips. Scuba divers can enjoy the scenic Knysna Heads as an unforgettable dive.
Knysna offers some remarkable hiking and horse-riding trails, with breathtaking views in all directions. Spoilt for choice, visitors can choose from forest, fynbos, coastal or mountain trails.
The Knysna Elephant Park offers an opportunity to experience these incredible animals from close range while the nearby Monkeyland gives the family a chance to walk amongst several species in their natural habitat.
Knysna's famous indigenous forests are home to a remarkable 8000 plant species as well as a wide variety of birds. Amongst these is the brilliantly coloured Knysna Loerie. Elsewhere, in the lagoon and the ocean, one can find the Knysna.
Nightlife and Restaurants
For a relatively small town Knysna boasts a staggering number of great restaurants. With at least 50 to choose from, catering for a wide variety of tastes and budgets, visitors are guaranteed of finding somewhere suitable.
Fresh oysters are what made Knysna the culinary capital of South Africa and visitors love to see if the hype is justified!
The Garden Route has rapidly become the golfing mecca of South Africa, with some of the country's best courses all in close proximity to Beacon House. Courses nearby include:
* Goose Valley (30 minute drive)
* Plettenberg Bay Country Club (25 minute drive)
* Fancourt (1 hour, 15 minute drive) There are four courses to choose from.
* Oubaai (1 hour, 20 minute drive)
* George Golf Club (45 minute drive)
* Mossel Bay Golf Club (1 hour, 15 minute drive)
* Le Grand Resort (45 minute drive)
* Pinnacle Point (1 hour, 15 minute drive)
* Lagoon Bay (45 minute drive)
Knysna itself offers three high-class golf courses, namely the traditional Knysna Golf Club, Pezula, a championship links-style course and the Jack Nicklaus-designed Simola.
The following cancellation terms and conditions will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full:
- 25% of total cost of stay will be withheld if cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival
- 50% of total cost of stay will be withheld if cancelled 15-29 days prior to arrival
- 75% of total cost of stay will be withheld if cancelled 8-14 days prior to arrival
- 100% of total cost of stay will be withheld if cancelled within 7 days of arrival
Facilities & Services available:
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Parking (off-street - covered)
DVD and/or VCR
Hiking / Walking Trails
Beacon House is a Self-Catering and Bed and Breakfast in Knysna Western Cape South Africa