The owners are both born in The Netherlands and since their first visit fell in love with this country. During 2006 they decided to start their own Bed and Breakfast in Phalaborwa.
Bakkers B&B was started with some extra services in mind:
- Transfer to and from the Johannesburg or Phalaborwa airports for guests.
- Guided tours in the Kruger National Park.
- Arrangements for accommodation in the Kruger National Park or elsewhere in South Africa.
- Visits to interesting sites around Phalaborwa.
We speak Dutch, English, German, Afrikaans and a little French
Bakkers Bed & Breakfast offers you the following accommodations and facilities :
* 2 Garden Cottages for 2 persons each, with en- suite bathroom (shower and toilet).
* 2 double bedrooms with bathroom.
* All rooms have air- conditioning and ceiling fans and both Garden Cottages have a (limited) dstv bouquet, bar
fridge and tea /coffee making tray.
* swimming pool.
* private and safe parking.
* There are no pets in Bakkers B&B, and no pets from guest will be allowed.
* Breakfast is served from 45 minutes before Kruger Park Gate opening until 09.00h.
* Lunch and dinner available by prior arrangement, or you can go to one of the restaurants in Phalaborwa. Information about restaurants is available in the information folder in each room, and we would be happy to give you advice.
Phalaborwa is called the city of two summers as we usually have a very nice temperature. Phalaborwa is rich in culture and nature and there are many activities you can undertake from this place.
We can arrange the following for you:
* Several safaris in the Kruger National Park with your private guide.
* Several safaris in the Kruger National Park with Krugerpark- guides.
* Sunset or sundown cruises on the Olifantsriver.
* Visits to the Moholoholo rehabilitation centre.
* Visits to the Hoedspruit endangered species rehabilitation centre.
* Visits to Blijde River Canyon, the third largest canyon in the world and the panorama route.
* Golf on the world famous Hans Merensky Golf Estate.
* Visits and tastings at the Amarula Lapa.
Route from Johannesburg via the Panorama Route (500 km)
At the airport follow the R21 from the car rental to Boksburg / Johannesburg (keep right )
Take the N12 exit to Benoni / Witbank and follow the N4 to Belfast.
In Belfast take the R540 via Dullstroom to Lydenburg.
In Lydenburg you can follow the green signs R37 to Orighstad / Graskop and Phalaborwa.
This will lead you to the R36 to Orighstad (watch out for potholes in the road after Orighstad) via the Abel Erasmus Pass and the Strydom tunnel.
About 15 Km after the Strydom tunnel take the R36 turn to Tzaneen.
After 10 Km take the R526 to Phalaborwa / Mica, then on the R40 to Mica turn left to Phalaborwa.
Follow this road to the end, then go right on the R71 to Phalaborwa.
Go left at the first four way stop. Go right at the second turnoff (Grey). Follow the road, around the koppie and take the first road to your right.
You are in Starling Street and will find Bakkers Bed and Breakfast after about 100 m on your right side at no 31.