Avondrood Guesthouse is nestled amidst the beautiful mountains and vineyards of the Cape Winelands and conveniently located within walking distance of the village centre of Franschhoek, South Africa`s renowned gourmet capital. Avondrood Guest House is a charming well-maintained Victorian Cape Dutch-style house built in 1870 that has been tastefully renovated adding modern day comforts whilst retaining many features of the original building.
There are eight generous rooms, one of which is a two bedroomed family suite, each with a distinctive decor, creating a unique ambiance. We offer a new wine bar service, which is situated in our spacious lounge area. In addition, the premises are surrounded by a lush secluded 2,000 square meter garden with a private swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
Rich in history as one of South Africa`s oldest towns, today`s Franschhoek is well-known for its award-winning wines, restaurants and venues. With its friendly small village atmosphere, Franschhoek offers a number of delightful art and craft shops as well as the opportunity to visit the Huguenot Museum or the famous Franschhoek Motor Museum. Most of the surrounding vineyards offer wine tasting followed by lunch and the vineyards and the surrounding countryside can be explored by car, bicycle, horseback, or with the new wine tram hop-on-hop-off service.
Facilities at Avondrood Guesthouse:
- our extensive breakfast with a personal touch is served between 8.00 and 9.30 on the patio or in the lounge
- rooms and towels are refreshed twice a day; in the morning after your breakfast and in the evening as part of our turn-down service
- there is a lovely guests lounge where you can relax, read a book, drink a glass of wine or have breakfast on cooler mornings
- our garden has sun-umbrellas and enough wooden sun beds with cushions to accommodate all our guests
- swimming pool
- discounts to the Franschhoek Gym and Health Club which is within a 5 minute walk. The health club offers a wide range of sports equipment for cardio and muscle -training as well as an indoor swimming pool, sauna and a wellness caf
- secure off-street parking
- there is free Wi-Fi internet access in the lounge and on the patio
- adapters are available should you require these
- we have a selection of books and magazines available for you to enjoy
50% of the arrangement is payable if cancelled between 1 month and 15 days prior to arrival.
75% of the arrangement is payable if cancelled between 15 days and 8 days prior to arrival.
100% of the arrangement is payable if cancelled within 7 days or less prior to arrival.
R350 administration fee will be charged in the event of a erfund.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Bar on the Premises
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Fireplace on the Premises
Parking (off-street - open)
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV
No Pets Allowed
Avondrood Guesthouse is a Guesthouse, Bed and Breakfast and Hotel in Franschhoek Western Cape South Africa