Avondhu Guest House, a Four-star B&B is located in the original garden suburbs to the north of the Johannesburg Central Business District and on the southern edge of the Sandton CBD. Saxonwold lies close to the central hub of Rosebank.
Saxonwold, next door to Rosebank, is one of the most convenient suburbs to start exploring Greater Johannesburg. It lies in the heart of a green belt of parks, including Zoo Lake, the Joburg Zoo, Emmarentia Dam and the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens. It is surrounded by championship golf courses and close to all.
This is a haven of tranquillity in this hectic busy city.
Avondhu is owner-run, with all the luxuries and attention to detail required by discerning business travellers and tourists, at very reasonable rates. We love what we do and how we do it. Make sure to make every guest feel at home and received good value for their money.
Walking distance from Avondhu
- Johannesburg Zoo
- Zoo Lake
- Moyo`s at Zoo Lake
- The Museum of Military History
- Rosebank Rooftop Market
Children are welcome at Avondhu. We have a tennis court and swimming pool which can be used as they please.
Accommodation at Avondhu Guest House:
- 3 Twin ensuite rooms
- 7 Queen ensuite rooms
- All suites offer self-catering facilities.
- Bar fridges in all rooms
- Microwaves in all rooms
- Free Wifi
- DSTV in rooms
- Coffee and tea facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Private entrance
- Transfers to Johannesburg International Airport arranged on request
The facilities are fully secured, including a round-the-clock physical guard with secure on-site parking monitored by CCTV cameras 24/7.
We look forward to welcoming you and helping you to discover the peaceful hideaways that abound in Joburg`s garden suburbs.
Clothing and Accessories:
We supply swimming towels
Avondhu has a tennis court with raquets and balls for our guests to enjoy. We also have a lovely pool with a patio for those warm days to relax.
Our garden can be enjoyed, for a peacefull time.
- Cancellations 0 to 7 days prior forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 8 to 14 days prior forfeit 75% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 15 to 21 days prior forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 22 to 28 days prior forfeit 25% of the deposit.
- Cancellations in excess of 28 days prior may incur a maximum 5% administration fee to cover banking and handling charges.
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Pets only by Arrangement
Airport Shuttle Service
Special Meals on Request
Self-Braai / Barbecue
Fax & Photocopy Machine
Tourism Information Desk
Xhosa / Zulu
Communal Satellite TV