Situated in the gateway to the Garden Route and above beautiful Mossel Bay, Avenues Guest House is a place of tranquility. Enjoy the peacefulness without being too far from the scenic spots of Mossel Bay which are just minutes away: The Mossel Bay Golf Course, the St. Blaize Lighthouse, museums, hiking trails, beaches, shark cage diving, boat trips and whale watching just naming a few. Restaurants and shopping malls are also nearby.
Avenues Guest House is the perfect location for trips to a huge bunch of attractions along the Garden Route and Little Karoo, and your hosts would love to help you with all your arrangements.
Avenues Guest House offers 3 comfortable and individually decorated rooms with XL-queen beds and DStv, one room with double bed and DStv, one twin room with DStv and a family unit with two bedrooms (XL-queen bed and DStv and two single beds). All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, tea & coffee trays and their own entrance.
Relax at our sparkling saltwater swimming pool or in our tranquil and neat courtyard with fountain. Enjoy our healthy breakfast with bottomless coffee or tea which is served in our cosy dining room.
We also offer off-street parking, free wireless Internet access and credit card facilities. Our German and English speaking hosts Meike and Martin offer a personal and friendly service and look forward to welcome you here!
Accommodation at Avenues Guest House:
Our three cosy double rooms Captain`s Cabin, Berlin Blue and Seashells are situated in the main house and are laid to the nice-shaped courtyard. Two rooms are equipped with XL-queen beds, one with double beds, all with shower / WC, DStv, tea & coffee tray, fan, heater, hairdryer and a safe. At the back youll find your own little veranda with two sundeck chairs and umbrella enjoy the sun!
Outside of the main part of the house there are two cottages Roses Room and Africa. Africa offers two single beds, tea & coffee tray, heater, hairdryer, safe and an exclusive shower / WC en-suite. Roses Room offers an extra-length queen-size bed, heater, hairdryer, safe and an exclusive shower / WC en-suite.
Our family unit, also situated in the main house, offers two bedrooms sharing one bathroom with shower / WC and is equipped with safe, tea & coffee tray, hairdryer and ceiling fans. Leaves has twin beds, Lavender has an extra-length queen-size bed and DStv. Both bedrooms have their own entrance and their own access to the bathroom perfect for families.
- Hartenbos Beach & Santos Beach, Two Blue Flag beaches are right in town
- Billeon Sand Boarding Score the longest ride in South Africa on the Dragon Dune
- Surfing Llewellyn Whittaker from Waves Scool of Surfing would love to share his experience with you as a beginner or as a professional
- Boat Trips / Whale and Seal Watching Hourly tours around Seal Island or boat-based whale watching with qualified whale guides on every trips, sunset and private cruises
- Shark Cage Diving The fascinating great white shark in its natural environment above and under water
- 10 stunning beaches close by
- Deep Sea Fishing Go Fish is your partner for all about fish and fishing
- Diving and Snorkelling Electrodive offers a big variety of spear fishing trips, boat charters, boat-based snorkel trips, equipment rental, sales and servicing, diving classes and much more
- Botlierskop Private Game Reserve Just 20 minutes drive from Avenues Guesthouse, perfect for day visitors, guided 4x4 game drives, horseback safaris, bush walks and much more
- Dias Museum Complex A fascinating journey through a colourful past: The Post Office Tree, Maritime Museum, Shell Museum & Aquarium, Culture Museum, The Granary, Munrohoek Cottages, The Muslim Graves, The Spring, Padrao Cross and a well-maintained indigenous garden. Send a specially franked card from the worlds oldest post office!
- Craft Art Work Shop Local artists display their handcrafted products, here youll find the perfect souvenir
- Cape St. Blaize Hiking Trail Less than 300 m from Avenues Guesthouse, a 14 km contour path along the cliffs with breathtaking views
Just to name a few.