Situated in the gateway to the Garden Route and above beautiful Mossel Bay, Avenues Guest House
is a place of tranquility. Enjoy the peacefulness without being too far from the scenic spots of Mossel Bay which are just minutes away: The Mossel Bay Golf Course, the St. Blaize Lighthouse, museums, hiking trails, beaches, shark cage diving, boat trips and whale watching – just naming a few. Restaurants and shopping malls are also nearby.
Avenues Guest House is the perfect location for trips to a huge bunch of attractions along the Garden Route and Little Karoo, and your hosts would love to help you with all your arrangements.
Avenues Guest House offers 3 comfortable and individually decorated double rooms with DStv, one room with extra-length queen size bed, one twin room and a family unit with a double room and a twin room. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, tea & coffee trays and their own entrance.
Relax at our sparkling saltwater swimming pool or in our tranquil and neat courtyard with fountain. Enjoy our healthy breakfast with bottomless coffee or tea which is served in our cosy dining room.
We also offer off-street parking, free wireless Internet access and credit card facilities. Our German and English speaking hosts Meike and Martin offer a personal and friendly service and look forward to welcome you here!
Rooms:Accommodation at Avenues Guest House:
Our three cosy double rooms Captain`s Cabin
, Berlin Blue
are situated in the main house and are laid to the nice-shaped courtyard. The rooms are equipped with double beds, shower / WC, DStv, tea & coffee tray, fan, heater, hairdryer and a safe. At the back you’ll find your own little veranda with two sundeck chairs and umbrella – enjoy the sun!
Outside of the main part of the house there are two cottages Rose’s Room
offers two single beds, tea & coffee tray, heater, hairdryer, safe and an exclusive shower / WC en-suite. Rose’s Room
offers an extra-length queen-size bed, heater, hairdryer, safe and an exclusive shower / WC en-suite.
Our family unit, also situated in the main house, offers two bedrooms sharing one bathroom with shower / WC and is equipped with safe, tea & coffee tray, hairdryer and ceiling fans. Leaves
has twin beds and a sleeper couch, Lavender
has an extra-length queen-size bed. Both bedrooms have their own entrance and their own access to the bathroom – perfect for families with children.
Avenues Guest House Activities:
- Hartenbos Beach & Santos Beach, Two Blue Flag beaches are right in town
- Billeon Sand Boarding – Score the longest ride in South Africa on the Dragon Dune
- Surfing – Llewellyn Whittaker from “Waves S’cool’ of Surfing” would love to share his experience with you as a beginner or as a professional
- Boat Trips / Whale and Seal Watching – Hourly tours around Seal Island or boat-based whale watching with qualified whale guides on every trips, sunset and private cruises
- Shark Cage Diving – The fascinating great white shark in its natural environment above and under water
- 10 stunning beaches close by
- Deep Sea Fishing – “Go Fish” is your partner for all about fish and fishing
- Diving and Snorkelling – “Electrodive” offers a big variety of spear fishing trips, boat charters, boat-based snorkel trips, equipment rental, sales and servicing, diving classes and much more
- Botlierskop Private Game Reserve – Just 20 minutes drive from Avenues Guesthouse, perfect for day visitors, guided 4x4 game drives, horseback safaris, bush walks, elephant-back rides, helicopter flips and much more
- Dias Museum Complex – A fascinating journey through a colourful past: The Post Office Tree, Maritime Museum, Shell Museum & Aquarium, Culture Museum, The Granary, Munrohoek Cottages, The Muslim Graves, The Spring, Padrao Cross and a well-maintained indigenous garden. Send a specially franked card from the world’s oldest post office!
- Craft Art Work Shop – Local artists display their handcrafted products, here you’ll find the perfect souvenir
- Cape St. Blaize Hiking Trail – Less than 300 m from Avenues Guesthouse, a 14 km contour path along the cliffs with breathtaking views
Just to name a few.
Avenues Guest House Map:
Highview lodge is situated high up against the ridge overlooking the bay, harbour and the Outeniqua mountains.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (1 review)
TGCSA Graded **** BAR-T-NIQUE offers top quality corporate and tourist accommodation. Magnificent views of the harbour, Indian Ocean and distant Outeniqua Mountain Range.
per person sharing
Guest Rating: (2 reviews)
In a tranquil setting high up above the town, Mossel Bay Guest House has breathtaking, sweeping views across the bay.
A cosy Guest House in Mossel Bay town, uphill overlooking the whole of the bay and harbour. Very centrally situated near tourist attractions, restaurants, golf courts and hiking trails. The breakfast is outstanding and the views are brilliant
per person sharing
Linkside2 is situated in quiet surroundings. Easy to go to restaurants and town, within walking distance.Linkside2 invites you to come and unpack, explore the Garden Route.