Set in Namibia’s vibrant capital and featuring prominently amongst hotels in Windhoek, Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino offers the ultimate spot to sleep, work, and play in style. Have the perfect start or finish to a great African adventure with plenty to do from living it up in the hotel casino, chilling by the rooftop pool, or exploring downtown Windhoek. With stylish rests, fun in the sun, and total connectivity, it’s all the details that matter… done well!
In 2011, the Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment. The new-look Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casinos offers the chic, modern ambience that the global businessman is used to, while still maintaining its distinctly African charm.
Windhoek, the capital of Namibia, is located in a basin between the Khomas Highland, Auas and Eros Mountains. The city centre is characterised by a proliferation of German style buildings - a lasting reminder of early colonial history. Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino provides affordable Namibia accommodation located in the midst of that history and tradition.
The hotel’s location in the heart of the business centre makes it the ideal choice for Windhoek accommodation for business travellers. Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino has world-class conference and meeting venues, facilities and a business centre.
Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino replicates the magical illusions of golden dunes and mystical African nights. With 10 table games bound to keep you on the edge of your seat, over 130 coinless slot machines and regular casino promotions, you are guaranteed a fun night out.
Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino has a number of facilities available for business and pleasure. Each ensures an experience of unparalleled excellence.
Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino is situated within the confines of the Gustav Voigts Shopping Centre, bringing you added value, a gym and hours of shopping pleasure. There are a range of specialist stores including safari outfitters, bakery and deli, designer clothing, jewellery, cellular, banks and general service stores.
Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino Wellness Centre
Situated next to the rooftop pool, the Wellness Centre offers a range of stress-relieving detox and all-round wellness treatments using the finest products such as Gatineau, Lillian Terry, Opi and Sea of Life for those wanting a hotel spa in Windhoek to relax and replenish.
Opening Times (including public holidays):
Monday and Thursday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Restaurants and Bars
Enjoy a range of options at Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino where there is plenty to munch or sip on anytime, day or night. The buffet offers you International flavours at the Dunes Restaurant. Meet up for a refreshing drink at the Oasis Bar & Lounge or take a break between games at the Casino Bar. Eat in anytime with global cuisine brought to your door from our 24 hour in-room dining menu.
Our restaurants in Windhoek Namibia such as the Dunes Restaurant and the Oasis Bar & Lounge, with its terrace overlooking Independence Avenue, serves delectable buffet lunch and dinner.
AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino has the perfect space amidst a number of state of the art conference venues in Windhoek for you to take care of business and get things done. It’s all about providing you with everything you need. Hold an intimate meeting, a private seminar, or gather people for a conference in any one of our 7 flexible workspaces while the business centre gives you extra help with secretarial tasks. Each space is complete with technology so you get the ease of fuss-free planning and execution every time. With a convenient downtown location and plenty of nearby facilities it is easy to balance business and pleasure. Add on an exciting outdoor adventure or safari to form that ideal team building incentive environment.
- Pointer torches
- Pens and paper
- Flip charts
Please note: Over a weekend you are required to stay a minimum of 2 nights.
Accommodation at Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino:
Make yourself comfortable in any of our 173 modern rooms and suites across 4 categories. Feel at home in the welcoming space of our AVANI Rooms or take advantage of extra room to unwind in our AVANI Superior Rooms. Check out the added comforts of our AVANI Suites or have a standout stay with the special features of our AVANI Presidential Suite. All rooms and suites offer a host of contemporary design features and essential amenities, including full WiFi connectivity which makes us one of the preferred Windhoek hotels in Namibia to be at.
Avani Windhoek Hotel and Casino has a total of 173 fully air-conditioned rooms:
- Luxury King Rooms (72) consist of a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a bath and a shower.
- Luxury Twin Rooms (81) consist of 2 twin beds alongside each other as well as an en-suite bathroom with a bath and a shower.
- Paraplegic Rooms (3) consist of 2 twin beds alongside each other as well as an en-suite bathroom with a wheelchair friendly shower.
- Superior Luxury Rooms (11) consist of a king size bed and en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower. A comfortable lounge area completes the room.
- Presidential Suite (1) consists of 2 bedrooms and another living room. King size beds adorn the bedrooms and both bathrooms are en-suite with a bath and shower.
- Luxury Suite (5) offers a king size bed with an en-suite bathroom. A large lounge and dining area add additional volume to the suite.
Windhoek, the capital of Namibia, is a tranquil, cosmopolitan city offering visitors and travellers a wide range of cultural diversions and entertainment.
Craft markets offers a variety of Namibian arts and crafts.
- Maerua Park - Recreation and Entertainment centre, with a diverse range of formal and informal restaurants, supermarkets, boutiques, amphitheatre, cinemas, children's playground and games area.
- Namibian Craft Centre - Art and handicraft from all over Namibia.
- Penduka Craft Village - Namibian women project offering textiles, crafts, bed and table linen in ethnic designs.
- Soweto Market - Offering a variety of handicrafts, clothes, ethnic jewellery, music, food and refreshments and other interesting artifacts. Located in Katutura, Independence Avenue.
Cultural excursions that can be unddertaken:
- College of the Arts -
Featuring music, ballet and modern dance performances.
- National Theatre - Features formal drama productions and music and ballet performances.
- Warehouse Theatre - Situated in the old brewery building, this is an informal theatre, offering music and one-man shows.
- Franco Namibia Cultural Centre - English and French Films are shown during the week and the centre also promotes Namibian Art.
FIT reservation cancellations made on or within 7 days of the agreed arrival date (excluding the date of arrival) will be charged one nights accommodation, at the Reserved Room Rate, unless the reservation concerned was made on or within the same 7 day period. Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to the arrival date will not attract a penalty charge. Should the traveller fail to arrive at the hotel, SI will charge the credit card stipulated on the reserved full amount or will retain the EFT payment made.
Bookings made more than 45 days prior to arrival - 100% cancellation penalty charge will apply should the booking be cancelled within 45 days to arrival.
Bookings made 45 - 14 days prior to arrival - 100% cancellation penalty charge will apply 48 hours after booking for the full duration of the stay.
Bookings made 13 days - same day of arrival including no shows - 100% cancellation penalty charge will apply after booking for the full duration of the stay