At the Woods Guest House in Storms River Village, Tsitsikamma offers a relaxing and comfortable base from which to explore the Tsitsikamma and surrounding areas.
This new, upmarket property offers 8 rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms with a large walk in shower. Our desire is that guests will feel at home enough to slip off their shoes, whilst enjoying the attention to detail provided in the Guest House.
Breakfast is served in the dining room, or on the deck facing Storms River Peak, weather permitting. Guests are invited to make use of the two lounges on offer, enjoy the peace of the garden, take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or sip a glass of wine on the large deck.
Dinner is available on request, and we invite you to spend an evening "at home" in front of the cozy fire, whilst enjoying the relaxed hospitality of our Guest House.
Facilities & Services include
- Safe Deposit
- Reading Lounge
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Laundry facilities
- Private Garden / Patio
- Secure parking
- Swimming Pool
- Room Cleaning Service
- Laundry Service
- Tourist Information Desk
- The Village is home to Stormsriver Adventures, offering the very popular Tree Top Canopy Tour and relaxing Woodcutters Journey.
- The Tsitsikamma National park is a 10-minute drive away, and this spectacular marine reserve offers walks, dining and snorkeling options, a sheltered beach and a restaurant.
- The world famous Otter Trail Hike begins here.
- The Village is situated on the edge of the indigenous forest. Within walking distance of the Guest House are many well-marked walks through this natural woodland, and also the start of a 21km circular route mountain biking trail.
- The Big Tree, an iconic landmark of the area, is within 2km, and the awesome Stormsriver Bridge is a mere 5 km drive away.
- Journey down the old Storms River Pass and experience the tranquility of the indigenous Tsitsikamma Forest.
The upstairs bedrooms have their own decks, whilst the downstairs bedrooms open onto private patios. Most rooms have mountain views. Double doors and large windows ensure that the rooms are light and airy.
All bedrooms are equipped with a refreshment tray, offering tea or coffee and your own bar fridge gives you access to fresh milk, cold drinks as well as storage space for your own water and fruit. Rooms offer either twin or a king-size bed, depending on the needs of the guests. The linen is of a high standard, and beds have a duvet and blanket to ensure a comfortable nights rest.
Ceiling fans and wall heaters will keep you content, no matter what the season. All rooms have a small wall-safe for the guests convenience. All rooms have televisions with select DSTV channels.
All rooms enjoy the privacy of an en-suite bathroom. The bathroom offers guests a walk-in shower, toilet and hand basin. High quality towels, and a spacious shower with plentiful hot water are provided for the guests comfort.
Situated just South of the N2 running between Port Elizabeth and Cape Town, Stormsriver Village lies 4 km West of Stormsriver Bridge.
The village is sign posted off the national road, and At the Woods is on the entrance road into the village.
We are well signposted on your right hand side - 43 Formosa Street, Storms River.