is situated in a peaceful and tranquil setting at the foot of the Langeberg Mountains in the Klaasvoogds Valley.
The farm is only 15 km from Robertson - so close to great restaurants, shops and wine estates. Also far enough away from hustle and bustle to feel totally relaxed.
Enjoy the viewing deck in the garden, swing in the hammock with a good book. Definitely make use of the outside shower in the old Fig Tree - it gives showering with a view
new meaning. Your hosts, Jackie & Andre look forward to welcoming you.
Accommodation at Assegai Rest:
We provide 2 types of accommodation, i.e:
- Assegaai House
- Lancewood TiPi Lodge
Bedrooms inside :
- 1 room with double bed
- 2 rooms with single bed
- 4th bedroom off the outside patio - double bed
has 4 bedrooms, all under one roof although one bedroom has a separate entrance off the veranda.
Other facilities available at Assegai House:
- Fully equipped Kitchen. Including Stove / Oven / Microwave
- Dining Room, Lounge
- 2 Bathrooms. One with Shower and one with Bath.
- Linen and Towels provided
- Sparkling swimming pool
- Private garden and patio
- Outside Shower to ‘cool’ down in summer time (warm water to the shower heated by the sun)
- Viewing Deck / Platform
- Inside Fireplace
- Outside Braai area (portion of wood provided, more on site for sale)
- We are Pet Friendly (fenced in garden area)
Assegai Rest Activities: Activities on the farm:
- Massage Treatments
- Hiking & Walking
- Field Archery
- Bird Watching
- Star Gazing
- Relaxing in the hammock with a good book
- Enjoy the Outside Shower with a View
Activities in the area:
- Olive Farms offering products and tours
- Wineries offering wine tasting, picnics and cellar tours
- Fine Dining Restaurants
- Farm Stalls
- River Rafting
- Horse Riding
- Tractor Rides to the top of the Langeberg
- River cruises including food & drinks
- 4 x 4 Trails
- Art & Crafts
Click to display the map
Other Accommodation near Assegai Rest:
Accommodation options within 8km from Assegai Rest include:
AfriCamps is all about glamping at the most beautiful working farms and estates in South Africa.
Lancewood TiPi's provides elegant and sophisticated shelters that are large and spacious and includes all that is needed for a self-catering stay. A unique glamping experience.
per unit, Max: 3
Fraai Uitzicht 1798 offers superior accommodation on a historic winefarm, central to exciting excursions to old villages, to visit the Robertson Valley Wine Route, or to experience the beauty and tranquility of nature.
Rosendal Winery & Wellness Retreat offers the discerning traveler a unique country guesthouse and spa experience. Renowned for its warm hospitality, pristine mountain setting, excellent cuisine and award-winning wines, Rosendal is an oasis of calm.
Guest Rating: (3 reviews)
"Nested at the foot of the Kranskop Mountain, Olive Garden Country Lodge is the perfect place to indulge the Italian art. This is a nature-lover’s heaven,
We offer 4 comfortable cottage-style rooms two Luxurious suites-1 2 bed-2 bath family cottage