We welcome you to experience, firsthand, why Plettenberg Bay is called "the jewel of the garden route."
Come see this magnificent country, where the people are kind and gracious. Enjoy the pleasant climate and beauty of the Indian Ocean. This is the perfect place for exploring, hiking, whale watching or just relaxing poolside in the sun while on your South African holiday.
Aquavit is situated within minutes of the charming town of Plettenberg Bay, offering beautiful pristine beaches, great shopping and fine restaurants.
Aquavit means "Water of Life." It seemed appropriate to choose this name for our guesthouse, as Aquavit is an important drink in the Danish tradition, and our home is surrounded by views of beautiful water. We hope that you will come and share it with us!
- Each of the five smoke free en suite guestrooms, including one superior room, are individually decorated in soft warm earthy tones of stone, creams and crisp whites with personal attention to details.
- The contemporary design invites a mixture of coastal and antiques using only natural materials.
- The rooms are spacious and well appointed equipped with King, Queen and Twin sleeping accommodations.
- All have exceptional sea and mountain views.
- In addition we offer a luxury/honeymoon suite. Featuring a king size canopy bed, large bathtub with complimentary products, over sized dressing room cupboards, bathrobes and just steps from terrace to pool.
* Charles Rogers iron beds
* Select Comfort mattresses with dual controls
* coffee & tea facilities
* refrigerators, LCD flat screen DSTV with DVD players
* guest lounge Internet Access and Laptop availability
* personal electronic safe in each room
* heated towel racks
* ceiling fans
* luxury percale cotton bedding
* feather/hypo allergenic pillows
* under-floor heating in bathrooms and dressing areas
* 3 bedrooms have full showers
* 2 bedrooms have full showers and bath
* private entrances for 3 suites
* complimentary welcome cordial or coffee on arrival
* ample parking on property
* guest lounge with a variety of pictorial books, perfect for relaxing overlooking the pool and garden
* individual terraces with table and chairs and easy access to the 10 meter Infinity lap pool
Aquavit Guest House Activities:
Plett has three beautiful sandy beaches:
- Robberg beach on the southern end of the bay seems to go on forever and is a great place to go for long walks away from the crowds.
- Hobbie beach is superb for both swimming and sun tanning and also has some good waves for surfing or body boarding at 'the wedge' on the far end.
- The third beach is known locally as Lookout Beach which is the location of my favorite spot in Plett - The Lookout Deck restaurant and bar.
- Open for lunch and dinner, 'the Deck' is an excellent place for socializing in the sun or just chilling at the bar snacking on a pint of prawns.
- Several months of the year you can view those magnificent Southern Right whales where they come to Plett and surrounding areas to mate and just frolic eventually leaving with their young.
Click to display the map