Come and enjoy a peaceful time at Anna`s Farm Stay
a 1200-hectare free-range ostrich, grain, sheep and dairy farm.
Feeding animals, milking cows, collecting some ostrich eggs (in season), in the veld and Arno`s knowledge of the area, make the personalised farm tour an unforgettable experience.
The place to explore true South African culture and farm style cuisine. With a wealth of tradition built around this farm (stories of old), it is sure to be one of your best, if not the most interesting, stays you will experience in the Southern Cape.
The farmhouse has beautiful wooden floors and, high embossed ceilings with two spacious, beautifully decorated bedrooms.
Enjoy traditional home-cooked meals in the family dining room in the company of your hosts.
To sip a glass of good South African wine at the fireplace or on the big veranda while watching the sweeping views of farmlands, birds, animals and the Langeberg Mountains, is farm life at its best.
- A guided farm tour including milking cows, free range ostriches, seasonal harvesting of wheat, etc.
- Open verandah for viewing.
- Bird watching in Blue Crane country.
- Nature trails to explore tranquil surroundings.
- Dinner, BBQ and picnic baskets by arrangement.
- Cosy, private lounge with fireplace.
- Tea & coffee is always available.
- Fax, e-mail, laundry facilities.
- Secure parking.
Children are welcome, but no pets.
Accommodation at Anna`s Farm Stay:
Three charming bedrooms with antiques, fresh flowers, tea tray, sherry (on the house), private Victorian bathroom and separate toilet, is a peaceful haven to return to after visiting places of interest in the vicinity.
Anna`s Farm Stay Activities:
Anna's Farm is an excellent base from which to explore the hidden Wonders of the Garden Route:
* Swellendam (46km), the historic third oldest town in South Africa, nestled against the Langeberg Mountains.
* Malgas (20km) with the last, still daily operating, hand-driven pontoon in South Africa, is found at Malgas on the Breede River. This nostalgic trip takes you back to bygone times.
* Witsand (30km) with its superb beach, is situated at the mouth of the mighty Breede River and is also well known as the "Southern Right Whale Nursery of South Africa". The activities of the whale nursery, can be watched from the beach during June until November.
* De Hoop Nature Reserve (50km) with hundreds of migrating birds visiting De Hoopvlei every year. Diverse fynbos vegetation, dunes, Bontebok and endangered mountain zebra are also opportunities to explore.
* Route 62 (50km), the worlds longest wineroute, with famous wine estates is not to be missed (Barrydale, Ashton, Montagu and Robertson).
* Heidelberg (30km), named after the German City of Heidelberg, has a treasure of beautiful old buildings of historical heritage, including a Church in Gothic architecture and a nine-hole golf course.
Anna`s Farm Stay Map:
Very warm welcome. Excellent food. Spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable rooms.