AmmaZulu African Palace is a unique luxury lodge on the edge of the Kloof Gorge and Krantzkloof Nature Reserve.
A truly spectacular venue for you to unwind and experience a special stay in the elaborately crafted and decorated walkways, halls and bedrooms using bead work and African artifacts.
You can pamper yourself in our sauna or steam room or merely lounge on one of the many decks overlooking the beautiful natural surroundings with zebra grazing a few meters away in the reserve.
All this and more a mere 20 minutes drive from Durban city centre awaits you.
Ammazulu African Palace over looks the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve. A special gate is located on the premises for nature walks.
At the Palace we would like all our guests to feel relaxed and refreshed, we have a spa onn site with many different packages to choose from. All our guests may use the sauna and steam room at no extra cost.
The Valley of 1000 hills, is with all it's heritage and history only a 15min drive away. As we belong to this community we are able to advise on all the local activities.
Directions from King Shaka International Airport, Durban to Ammazulu African Palace 20 Windsor Road, Kloof:
- Take the N2 South and continue to N3 intersection. Take the N3 Pietermaritzburg to the M13 Pinetown glide-off. Take this turn off and continue past Pinetown and continue up Fields Hill, then take 2nd Kloof Village Road turn off.
- Turn Right over the bridge, carry on straight over round about ( Spar is on your right hand side),
carry on to the second round about and turn right, keep in the left hand lane and turn left over the bridge at the T junction turn left into Church Road, stay on this road.
- At the T Junction turn right in Emolweni road carry on, past Kloof high school at T junction turn right into Buckingham and second left into Windsor Road, we are No 20 Ammazulu African Palace on left hand side.
From Pietermaritzburg/ Johannesburg:
- Take N3 towards Durban and then take the M13 Hillcrest glide-off (approx. 30 kms before Durban) carry onto past Hillcrest, Everton, Abbrey Road and then take the next turn off M33 Village Road, turn left at round about ( spar is on the right hand side) carry on to the second round about and turn right, keep in the left hand lane and turn left over the bridge.
- At the T junction turn left into Church Road, stay on this road. At the T Junction turn right in Emolweni road carry on, past Kloof high school at T junction turn right into Buckingham and second left into Windsor Road, we are No 20 Ammazulu African Palace on left hand side.
Ammazulu offers a combination of four different types of rooms. Each room is unique and has been decorated with traditional and antique African beads and crafts.
Every room is en suite with a large bath, shower and granite top wash basin. The honesty mini bar fridge is stocked with local alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages.
Home made biscuits awaits all our guests with coffee or tea in the room.
All the suite have there own veranda with a spectacular view.
Ammazulu African Palace is truly the "Palace of Dreams"