Situated on the South Coast of KZN and only an hour`s drive from Durban, the picturesque and tranquil village of Umtentweni, a suburb of the town of Port Shepstone, has 5 bars that serve food all day, a Quickspar for grocery shopping, a post office and several other shops. Close by is Port Shepstone Country Club with facilities for golf, tennis, squash and bowls. There are many other golf courses in the locality. Shelly Beach is a 15 minute drive away with a cinema and shopping malls. A 35 minute drive away is the Wild Coast casino while inland there are the nature reserves Lake Eland and Oribi Gorge.
For the energetic there is deep sea surf and river fishing, world-ranked dive sites, hiking trails, kayaking, and local tennis and bowls clubs. The nearby Oribi Gorge boasts the highest swing in the world (33 stories high) as well as abseiling, river rafting, mountain biking and hiking trails.
Ambleside offers guestsconsists of two separate ground floor self-catering apartments, both overlooking a sparkling pool and lovely garden with a stream running through it. Wake up to the sound of the waves crashing onto a deserted beach which is a 35 second walk away.
The NORTH WING has a living room/kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. Ideally it can accommodate 4 people but two sleeper couches in the living room will also allow 2 more.
The EAST WING has recently been built with the highest quality finishes and consists of two large bedrooms, one with an en-suite toilet and wash basin, a separate kitchen with granite work surfaces, washing machine and large fridge/freezer and a bathroom with a large walk in shower. There is no living room but the second bedroom has a tv, dining table and chairs and a two-sleeper couch. It can accommodate 4 people but the sleepercouch will allow 2 more.
- Nine PGA ranked golf courses
- We have our own tennis and bowling clubs in our village
- Major shopping centres (Shelly Beach Centre and South Coast Mall)
- Scuba diving ( Shelly Beach - 15km)
- Shark cage diving ( Shelly Beach)
- Crocodile Farm ( Scottburgh)
- Snake and Bird Park (15km)
- Cinemas at Shelly Beach Centre
- Port Shepstone Country Club (2kms) offers golf, tennis, squash, bowls, etc
- Oribi Gorge (25km) - nature reserve for animals and birds
- Lake Eland (30km) nature reserve with lots of wildlife
- Oribi Gorge Adventure Centre for white water rafting, abseiling and tree swinging
- Butterfly farm (Ramsgate)
- Various markets
- Frolicking dolphin / whale safaris (Shelly Beach)
- Deep sea fishing
- Pony club (Sea Park)
- Wild Coast Casino (+-50km)
- From Durban take the Umtentweni / Port Shepstone North exit of the N2
- Travel through the countryside for about 5 km and at the robots go straight through.
- Keep on the road, go over the railway bridge and 4th Avenue is on the left about 200 m after the bridge.
- It is the house with the Chubb signs on it.