Amani Guest Lodge, tucked away within the tree-lined suburb of Walmer, Port Elizabeth, is a welcoming retreat for those seeking the best of city living.
Amani is a Swahili word that means place of peace, carefully chosen to represent the sheer luxury and relaxation of this sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of city living.
Amani Guest Lodge is dedicated to treating each guest to a unique, indulgent experience during their time in the Friendly City, as Port Elizabeth is affectionately known.
Our sophisticated decor, attention to detail and graceful gardens all play their part in ensuring that our guests are pampered and relaxed at Amani Guest Lodge. In addition, Walmer is centrally located. Amani Guest Lodge is, therefore, within a few minutes drive of the Port Elizabeth Airport, major shopping centres, doctors, hospitals and even the beautiful beaches for which the Eastern Cape is known and loved.
Facilities and Amenities:
Amani Guest Lodge is committed to ensuring that our guests are catered for, perhaps even a little pampered, during their stay with us. Our facilities and amenities are put in place to accomplish just this, and include:
- Swimming pool
- BBQ (braai) facilities
- Lovely garden with comfy sun loungers
- Secure off-street parking behind remote-access gates
- Staff on premises 24 hours a day
- Credit card facilities - we accept all major credit cards
- Full English breakfast
- Dinner on request
Accommodation at Amani Guest Lodge:
Amani Guest Lodge has a total of eight en-suite rooms available, ranging from two- to four-sleepers, depending on your preferences and needs. Some rooms overlooking our sparkling swimming pool and the other rooms have garden view.
The spacious rooms at Amani Guest Lodge have been tastefully decorated including paintings by "Otto", the artistic owner. All the paintings on display are up for sale. Cotton Percale linen invite guests to relax in the lap of luxurious living, while taking advantage of all the modern amenities on offer.
The rooms are serviced daily which ensures that guests come "home" to clean, neat and inviting rooms at the end of a busy day spent exploring Port Elizabeth.
The in-room amenities include:
- Tea and coffee station
- DSTV (hotel bouquet)
- Free Wii
- Safes (in some rooms)
Amani Guest Lodge has the following type of rooms:-
Room 1 - Deluxe 4 sleeper family room full en-suite bathroom - King size bed or 2 x single beds and a bunk bed. Sleeps maximum 2 adults and 2 children.
Room 2 & 3 - Deluxe full en-suite bathroom - King size bed or 2 x single beds. Sleeps maximum 2 adults per room.
Room 4 - Deluxe 3 sleeper family room with full en-suite bathroom - King size bed or 2 x single beds and a single bed for 1 child. Sleeps maximum 3.
Room 5 - Standard full en-suite bathroom with queen size bed. Sleeps maximum 2 adults.
Room 6 - Standard full en-suite bathroom with king size bed or 2 single beds. Sleeps maximum 2 adults.
Room 7 - Standard with en-suite bathroom (shower only) - queen size bed. Sleeps maximum 2 adults.
Room 8 - Budget room - with en-suite bathroom (Shower only) - queen size bed. Sleeps maximum 2 adults.
Need for split beds (2 x single beds) to be requested 48 hours prior to arrival.
Health and Climate:
Port Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela Bay, enjoys one of the most temperate climates in the world. Defined as sub-tropical, the summers are hot and humid, while the winters are cool.
Winter nights are cold, while summer nights seldom drop below 20 degrees Celsius. The seasons are:
- December to February - summer
- March to May - autumn
- June to August - winter
- September to November - spring
- The Addo Elephant National Park (most southern gate 46km)
- The Port Elizabeth beaches
- Shamwari Private Game Reserve
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
- The Iron Man triathlon - an annual international event
- Township Tours
- South End Museum
- Seaview Game Park
- Dolphin- and whale watching
- Kragga Kamma Game Park
- Maitlands River Mouth
- The Cape Recife Nature Reserve (permit required)
- The Donkin Heritage Trail
- The Van Stadens Wild Flower Reserve
- 30+ days prior to arrival - 100% refund less 10% admin fee
- 14 to 29 days - prior to arrival - 50% refund less 10% admin fee
- 7 to 13 days prior to arrival - 25% refund less 10% admin fee
- less than 7 days prior to arrival - No refund
- No show / early departure / shortened stay - No refund and no credits
Facilities & Services available:
Children under 12 years
Self-Braai / Barbecue