Almar Exclusive Game Ranch is located on a game farm in Bloemhof District in a malaria free area, away from busy City Life, a perfect break-away where you can unwind and relax next to the pool while watching game drinking from the water-hole or either going on a hike enjoying the peaceful surroundings and clean air.
Night time is best enjoying a braai or relaxing around a bush fire listening to the sound of a jackal calling. Birdlife & wildlife such as Eland, Gemsbuck, Red Hartebeest, Kudu, Blesbuck, Springbuck, Ostrich, Waterbuck & Zebra roam the farm.
We are situated between Klerksdorp and Kimberley on the N12 Treasure Route. (3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg) In the South Eastern corner of the North West Province.
We offer the following facilities:
* Hall - conferences and functions; seats up to 80 delegates
* Weddings (Chapel) - a beautiful small church with 4 large sliding doors that overlooking a waterhole where the game drinks. The chapel consists of: A podium, registry table with 2 chairs, 3 pillars for candle or flower arrangements, red carpet, prayer bench and 14 wooden benches. The chapel also includes a sound system but own music must be provided.
* Boma - the Boma consists of an outside braai area where spit-braais can be held for less informal events and can accommodate up to 70 guests
* Hunting (Affiliated to PHASA) - under the professional guidance of a Professional Hunter
* Bar / Cocktail Lounge
* Braai / Barbeque
* Covered Parking
* Outdoor Pool
* Pool Table
* Bird Watching
* Game on site
* Game Drives
In the area:
* Bloemhof Dam one of the largest dams in South Africa covering an area of some 25 000 ha and reaching over 100 km upstream from the wall (32km)
* Sandveld Nature Reserve, on the Free Sate side of Bloemhof Dam, regarded as a top birding spot. White rhino, giraffe, buffalo, sable and roan antelope blue wildebeest, zebra and other mammals are all present. (34km)
* Nkolo Spa (40km)
* Taung Heritage Site. The world famous archaeological site where the fossilized skull of a young child was discovered by miners in 1924. (95km)
Almar Exclusive Game Ranch is situated on the N12 between Bloemhof and Christiana on the way from Johannesburg to Cape Town.
Distance from: Johannesburg 350km